Thread: Wal mart

Post imported post

Well today 3/24/2010 I was shopping at my local walmart here in Warrenton VA. I open carry there all the time.When a employee from the store said sir ( you cant carry that gun in here ) I replied ( when did walmart go against state law ?) she said ( that does not matter its company policy ) So I went into the whole thing that walmart goes by state law and that it was not unlawful to open carry a handgun even handed her a card with the law on it this did not matter to her. since i was in check out line I paid for my stuff and left but once out side I thought this matter needs to be taken care of now so back in I go. Now wanting to see someone in charge still open carrying. So up come one of the asst. managers who I know I have to family members that work at this store so I wanted to give management at the store the chance to fix this problem before it goes to corp.
    He tells me that his employee was correct that open carry was not allowed so I asked him to check with corp. office because I felt he was wrong. after 30 mins waiting still standing inside the store open carrying he came out of his office shock my hand and told me he was sorry I was right . so what stared as a negative thing turned into a education for walmart employees that its OK for open carry in Va stores.

Post imported post

you should not have gone back in open carrying once they asked you to leave.

eta: finished reading...nice work correcting the misunderstanding

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

sportwinger wrote:
    Well today 3/24/2010 I was shopping at my local walmart here in Warrenton VA. I open carry there all the time.When a employee from the store said sir ( you cant carry that gun in here ) I replied ( when did walmart go against state law ?) she said ( that does not matter its company policy ) So I went into the whole thing that walmart goes by state law and that it was not unlawful to open carry a handgun even handed her a card with the law on it this did not matter to her. since i was in check out line I paid for my stuff and left but once out side I thought this matter needs to be taken care of now so back in I go. Now wanting to see someone in charge still open carrying. So up come one of the asst. managers who I know I have to family members that work at this store so I wanted to give management at the store the chance to fix this problem before it goes to crop.
    He tells me that his employee was correct that open carry was not allowed so I asked him to check with crop. office because I felt he was wrong. after 30 mins waiting still standing inside the store open carrying he came out of his office shock my hand and told me he was sorry I was right . so what stared as a negative thing turned into a education for walmart employees that its OK for open carry in Va stores.
    Good Job! (and I think you meant Corp.) :-)
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

I was never ask to leave only my gun

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I have carried in that WalMart many times and have never had a problem of any kind. Good work.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

Well done.

Post imported post

very well, sir... very well!

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Damn fine representation of what needed to be done. Kudos to you, sir.
    OC - Kimber Custom II - trijicon night sights, beveled mag well, and Wilson combat mags
    CC/OC Sig Sauer 229 - trijicon night sights

Post imported post

sportwinger wrote:
    I was never ask to leave only my gun
    Right, but you were welcome to stay on the condition you came back without your gun.

Post imported post

I'd like to thank you for standing up for our rights and for giving me the courage to do so if necessary inthe future. While minorly controversial reentering with you firearm, you were right and proved it properly.