• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wal mart

sportwinger

imported post

Well today 3/24/2010 I was shopping at my local walmart here in Warrenton VA. I open carry there all the time.When a employee from the store said sir ( you cant carry that gun in here ) I replied ( when did walmart go against state law ?) she said ( that does not matter its company policy ) So I went into the whole thing that walmart goes by state law and that it was not unlawful to open carry a handgun even handed her a card with the law on it this did not matter to her. since i was in check out line I paid for my stuff and left but once out side I thought this matter needs to be taken care of now so back in I go. Now wanting to see someone in charge still open carrying. So up come one of the asst. managers who I know I have to family members that work at this store so I wanted to give management at the store the chance to fix this problem before it goes to corp.
He tells me that his employee was correct that open carry was not allowed so I asked him to check with corp. office because I felt he was wrong. after 30 mins waiting still standing inside the store open carrying he came out of his office shock my hand and told me he was sorry I was right . so what stared as a negative thing turned into a education for walmart employees that its OK for open carry in Va stores.

nova

imported post

you should not have gone back in open carrying once they asked you to leave.

eta: finished reading...nice work correcting the misunderstanding :)

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

sportwinger wrote:
Well today 3/24/2010 I was shopping at my local walmart here in Warrenton VA. I open carry there all the time.When a employee from the store said sir ( you cant carry that gun in here ) I replied ( when did walmart go against state law ?) she said ( that does not matter its company policy ) So I went into the whole thing that walmart goes by state law and that it was not unlawful to open carry a handgun even handed her a card with the law on it this did not matter to her. since i was in check out line I paid for my stuff and left but once out side I thought this matter needs to be taken care of now so back in I go. Now wanting to see someone in charge still open carrying. So up come one of the asst. managers who I know I have to family members that work at this store so I wanted to give management at the store the chance to fix this problem before it goes to crop.
He tells me that his employee was correct that open carry was not allowed so I asked him to check with crop. office because I felt he was wrong. after 30 mins waiting still standing inside the store open carrying he came out of his office shock my hand and told me he was sorry I was right . so what stared as a negative thing turned into a education for walmart employees that its OK for open carry in Va stores.
Good Job! (and I think you meant Corp.) :)

nova

imported post

sportwinger wrote:
I was never ask to leave only my gun
Right, but you were welcome to stay on the condition you came back without your gun.

Lincoln7

imported post

I'd like to thank you for standing up for our rights and for giving me the courage to do so if necessary inthe future. While minorly controversial reentering with you firearm, you were right and proved it properly.