• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC During the April 15th Tea Party in Boise.

ZMAN738

imported post

Hello all. I'm new here but I had an idea today watching the launch of the "Tea Party Express" in NV. As you may well know the Tea Party movement really took off last Apr. 15th and has since grown in both numbers and frustration with the actions of the current Federal Government since.
The "Express" is due to arrive in D.C. on this Apr. 15th with a huge rally in front of the capitol.

There will no doubt be other rallies in most American cities at this time including Boise.
We have the opportunity here to attend this rally (should it happen) carrying openly.
Not as a threat to any members of the government, federal, state or local but as an expression of our rights granted to us by the blissful wisdom of our founding fathers.
The Second Amendment was never about a "National Guard" but was intended to insure that the people of these United States would forever have the right to oppose tyranny.
To quote Thomas Jefferson; "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

ecocks

imported post

Do you have a link to the Tea Party's organizational efforts for a get-together on the 15th?All I had heard of was the attempt to stage a2A march on the 19th.

ecocks

imported post

jugglzo wrote:
http://secondamendmentmarch.com/ no organizer but we are trying to get something together. i have a few from We Are Change Idaho going.
Right, we know about that one. He was talking about something on the 15th though. It also has no formal connection with the Tea Parties that we can tell. Is there some informationabout this available?

ISRAEL

imported post

I will try to be there, maybe half way,or at the Capitol biulding, my knee still hurting whenI walk long ways, if is OK. I may do that, I do not want to go to the park and can not finish the walk,

Well my friend welcome to the O.C. movement in Boise, and come to our meeting every 2nd. thursday of the month at 7 pm.at the Sun Rise restaurant in Meridian. Israel. :celebrate:celebrateMy wife and I are welcoming you.

adam m

imported post

it would be nice if we could meet for coffee around 10-10:30. Introduce ourselves. And meet up at the park after.

ZMAN738

imported post

Thanks for the replies everyone. I contacted the Boise Tea Party people to ask if my idea was sound but as of today have not received a response.
That suggests to me;
A) My idea is a no starter to begin with.

B) Who the hell is this guy, we don't know him and why is he bringing this up in the first place?

C) Same fear I had in the beginning before I posted was this might be an attempt to hi-jack the message of the Tea Party movement by focusing on our guns.

I assure everyone that my original thought was to demonstrate both our 1st & 2nd amendment rights at the same rally but now I'm having second thoughts because of where the media attention will be.
Those that oppose the Tea Party movement might well be looking for a bunch of "right wing extremists" carrying firearms and along with their lap dog media servants will distract from the real message on the 15th.

God Bless & Good Night.
Mark in Boise.

ISRAEL

imported post

I want to be there, but I havean eyeDr.s appointment at 2pm. ( my eyes need to be check every 6 month for eye pressure) andI have to have it that day , I don't know what time this meeting is going to be.

I am shure anybody can O.C. there, I have seen pictures of other places and people are O.Cing.

I am so glad some new people came to last night meeting, itfelt so good, even my wife was not "bored to death" she had a good time, and tomorrow we are going to check few parks, and my "Boss" at the store is going to call for a reservation if we find some place, I don't know Nampa or Caldwell, to go and look for a park overthere, by monday I willknow something about, I can not wait to have our 1st O.C. picnic (I don't know how to spell it), I hope by that day I have finish my new holster and "show it off".

Every keep O.Cing.su amigo vaquero Israel.

ZMAN738

imported post

Attended the Tea Party rally today and what a blast. Did not OC myself being a newbie.
Lots of American flags and folks exercising their right to protest what many believe is a government run amok. Many colorful protest signs but nothing that could be called racist or hateful against Barry
Met a few OC folks from this forum whom where there with their families, not the "crazy radical" bunch as portrayed in the MSM.
It was nice to put a "face" on the nicks we use here as one member put it.

Bottom line is the OC people were just as common as everybody else and there was no extra attention being paid to them from the law enforcement officers at the rally.

One of the key themes at the rally is we need, as We The People, never surrender the rights granted to us all by our Founding Fathers.
The pursuit of Life, Liberty and Happiness can only be maintained as long as we secure the right to oppose tyranny.
The Second Amendment of the Constitution gives us all that right in clear terms.

Dec. 15th 1791; "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

God Bless America.
Mark in Boise.