Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Just picked up a Springfield/Stevens M84C-

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Arlington, Washington, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    I got this rifle today, its missing the magazine. So i have to find that some where but that isn't my real problem.

    I took the rifle apart to clean it, it hadn't been done in 20 years probably. Well now i can't get the bolt to slide back in. A hooked looking piece of metal is now sticking up into the breach preventing the bolt from going home.

    I am hoping to fix this without resorting to taking it to a gunsmith. Its a nice old gun but i don't have the cash to plunk on it.



  2. #2
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Post imported post

    the body of the bolt must be turned so the 2 grooves are facing down
    they are the clearance for the bolt to fit over the magazine feed lips
    the thing sticking up is the ejector
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769

    Post imported post

    If you are looking for a magazine for it go to e-gunparts.com or Triplek

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Arlington, Washington, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    Thank you, to both of you!

    :celebrate

  5. #5
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA, ,
    Posts
    3,201

    Post imported post

    Nice rifle. I've got a tube fed semi auto Savage-Stevens 87a. Fun rifle. I like these old .22's.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Arlington, Washington, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    I'll have to take it out and see how well it shoots when i receive that magazine. My only complaint so far is that the front bead sight is really hard to pick up.

    I suspect it will be a fun plinker.

  7. #7
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Post imported post

    sv_libertarian wrote:
    Nice rifle. I've got a tube fed semi auto Savage-Stevens 87a. Fun rifle. I like these old .22's.
    i bought one of those at a hardware store, used, when i was 16, ive had it for 40 years!
    its barely broke in!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  8. #8
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA, ,
    Posts
    3,201

    Post imported post

    1245A Defender wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    Nice rifle. I've got a tube fed semi auto Savage-Stevens 87a. Fun rifle. I like these old .22's.
    i bought one of those at a hardware store, used, when i was 16, ive had it for 40 years!
    its barely broke in!
    I was picking off clay pigeons at 100 yards with it the other day on irons. Need to drill and tap it for a scope and better sights. Wasn't one shot, one kill but I could usually take out 2 on a tube. Absolutely amazing rifle. I'm keeping my eyes out for any of the 85 or 87 series now...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •