• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry to the doctors?

greengum

imported post

I OC'd err UOC'd in Kalifornia at Kaiser and actually had minor surgery preformed on me while still carrying. The doc was really cool. I posted the whole story on the Cali forum about 4-6 months ago. I OC everywhere!

GoDSpeeD

imported post

I've stopped worrying so much about where I OC. I try to do it everywhere. I have woosied out a few placed where I knew cops were at because they just walked by me in my car! Baby steps.... I'm still kinda new at this.

GoDSpeeD

doninvegas

imported post

I CC all the time, I mean even when i aint suppose to, the doctor aint no different...
what makes the doctors office special...it is not a state or federal building.....
if you OC...the worst thing that can happen is they tell you to put it in your car...
I carry My sig in a shoulder holster all the time, the doctor makes me take off my shirt...i just hang the sig on the back of the chair...(After I clear the weapon)

just my opinion:)

Oh i just remembered.....i did CC on time in Phoenix when i went to the hospital after getting hurt on the job, there i was ask to allow them to lock it in there safe, and i cleared it and allowed them to do so...i did get a receipt for the gun and had no problems getting it when i left...It was the hospitals policy...

45 ACP rocks

imported post

Recently got a new primary care physician. First time visit to one of those multi-doctor clinic buildings with half-dozen doctors.

No problems in the lobby with 8-10 other folks. Took about 30 minutes to fill out paperwork for new patient.

In the back, nobody said anything while getting preliminary stuff out of the way. No doubts it was noticed, as I had to take it off in order to get weighed.

While waiting for the doc to show up, one med tech brought another in to ask about open carry. Had a nice chat with them about self defense and Nevada laws.

Not too sure that the doc approved. He never said anything other than take it off (I wear bandolier style ... easiest for fatties like me) while he listened to the lungs. He was a bit too cool, so I suspect he's not a fan of OC.

Didn't get uninvited as a new patient, so I guess I passed. Maybe the earlier chat with the two med techs was part of the OC evaluation.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
imported post

I both open carry and conceal carry, depending on the weather and circumatances. I've never had a problem, but I did have an interesting time educating a couple of receptionists at the medical center where I went to have some blood work done.

paintsnow

imported post

I walked into my dentist's office, and the receptionist was staring while signing me in, no eye contact. Ive been going to the same office since like 1996, so they know me and my parents. There was another lady in the waiting area who didn't see it. The receptionist whispered my name and waved me over after about a minute of me sitting down, and asked "What do you have there, is it a Glock?" I told her what it was, and said "Do you want me to leave it in the truck?" She said that would be great, so i complied.

Funny thing is, the office is decorated all western. The building itself, as well as the many pictures of cowboys with guns, little 2 ft statues of cowboys with guns, and even a very real looking revolver in a nice display case on the wall. It may be real, not sure, never asked. Next time ill ask the actual dentist that owns the office if its ok for me to carry.

Erus

imported post

I OC at my GP all the time. Never had the Doc or any of her staff say a word, but they all see it.

My step son has some behavioral issues and he is treated at a separate office by a psychiatrist, and that office is posted no weapons... (one of the few places in my town that has any signage) so we just let me wife CC when we are there.

Vegassteve

imported post

paintsnow wrote:
name and waved me over after about a minute of me sitting down, and asked "What do you have there, is it a Glock?" I told her what it was, and said "Do you want me to leave it in the truck?" She said that would be great, so i complied.
I am curious why you offered that up? Why not let them ask the question?

paintsnow

imported post

Yeah....i know i messed up. I think its because ive known these people for most of my life, and respect them. They have always been on time and fair to us, so i dont want to piss them off.

I was thinking about it the whole time i was getting my teeth cleaned, but forgot to ask the actual dentist when he came in to look at my teeth. Ill ask next time for sure.