• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at National - would have put it in OC Experience thread but...

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

ETA: I figured out why now... so I guess this didn't need its own thread but now that its here I can't delete it so I'll just put my experience here.

I OCed at National Coney Island in Royal Oak this evening...

All was going well until the... I dunno, manager? head cook? something like that, came up and asked if he could talk to me in 'private' ['private' turned out to be ten feet away by the counter...] about that 'thing on your hip'

OK...

so then he tells me some customers complained, and that he knows its my right, and just to 'be cool'... he said if people complained about me he'd have to ask me to leave it in the car or something, so to 'be cool'... He didn't tell me to do anything... didn't tell me to take it outside, didn't tell me to cover it up... just told me to 'be cool'... whatever the @#$% that means...

So I finished my meal without incident. He made it seem like he wasn't sure what to do... like he didn't want to complain to me about it but at the same time he was obligated to acknowledge customer complaints. I think he was just trying to be diplomatic.

Anyway, me in a restaurant with a gun, being told to 'be cool', made me laugh and think of this:
walletsmall.jpg

mikestilly

imported post

I love the pulp fiction 'be cool' scene!!!

Jules: Now Yolanda, we're not gonna do anything stupid, are we?
Yolanda: You don't hurt him.
Jules: Nobody's gonna hurt anybody. We're gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like? Come on Yolanda what's Fonzie like?
Yolanda: Cool?
Jules: What?
Yolanda: He's cool.
Jules: Correctamundo. And that's what we're gonna be. We're gonna be cool. Now Ringo, I'm gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your gun, and sit your ass down. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three.
[Ringo sits down opposite Jules]
Yolanda: All right, now you let him go.
Jules: Yolanda, I thought you said you were gonna be cool. Now when you yell at me, it makes me nervous. And when I get nervous, I get scared. And when motherfuckers get scared, that's when motherfuckers accidentally get shot.
Yolanda: You just know, you touch him, you die.
Jules: Well, that seems to be the situation. But I don't want that. And you don't want that. And Ringo here *definitely* doesn't want that.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

http://www.wallpaperama.com/forums/pulp-fiction-jules-ezekiel-2517-bible-verse-from-movie-t424.html

CoonDog

imported post

EC, sounds like that guy thought you were going to flip out and light the place up if he pushed you too hard. I imagine in his mind, OC = homicidal maniac. :shock: I bet he watches a lot of movies.