Thread: Appleseed Project

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

For those who don't know about theAppleseed Project. They are having their Commemrative shoot event next month all around the country.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

I was at the one last year at Sacramento. It was very fun and informative!

Post imported post

If you're going to the one at Corona, i'll probably be working the line as an orange hat. Please sign up and come!
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

I'm in for the Saturday shoot.

Congrats on your 1000th post, Cool!
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Post imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
    I'm in for the Saturday shoot.

Congrats on your 1000th post, Cool!
    Sweet, didn't even notice that! I'm just glad nobody has banned me yet!
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

State Researcher

Post imported post

I've heard about "Appleseed shoots" probably a dozen times before... but never heard of the Appleseed Project... thanks for the link! I love the concept and am interested in joining the cause.

Looks like the nearest one to me is about 75 miles away in Mariposa, though it would be a faster drive to the one 80+ miles away in Oakland. I'm leaning toward the Oakland shoot, as I'm sure to meet other OCDO and CGN members.

(Still a little disappointed in my community for not having a more local shoot.)
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

Bump!

This event is coming up fast!

There will be shoots all over the country for this event. Go to www.Appleseedinfo.org and www.RWVA.org to find out what you need to shoot, where to register and what to bring. The Appleseed Project really can't be matched with the heritage and history of America by any other event. Kids, women and active duty military register and shoot for free.

Post imported post

The Appleseed peeps need to be careful letting women shoot for free. Due to the Unruh Act, it's illegal to discriminate based on sex in California. Many bars and clubs have been successfully sued over "Ladies' Night" and similar things.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Post imported post

Don't worry, they still have to pay range fees same as anyone else. Registration is free afaik.

Post imported post

The Unruh Civil Rights Act is a piece of California legislation that specifically outlaws discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, marital status, or sexual orientation.

What?! Not age? Damn, now I can't go after the movie theatres for seniors discounts. I'm so oppressed.

Post imported post

demnogis wrote:
    Don't worry, they still have to pay range fees same as anyone else. Registration is free afaik.
    Still violates Unruh, can't have any sex-based discrimination. Either women pay the full price or guys get in free too. That's the way it is in California. I would hate to see the Appleseed Project subject to lawsuits, they have already had attempted smears by the media and been called a militia training organization. Someone unfriendly will take notice one of these days. I've emailed a couple people involved with Appleseed and haven't had a reply. Maybe you could get the word out since you're part of the organization.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Post imported post

I'm not really part of the organization, just someone who made Rifleman and wants to help get people involved.

Post imported post

wewd wrote:
    demnogis wrote:
    Still violates Unruh, can't have any sex-based discrimination. Either women pay the full price or guys get in free too. That's the way it is in California. I would hate to see the Appleseed Project subject to lawsuits, they have already had attempted smears by the media and been called a militia training organization. Someone unfriendly will take notice one of these days. I've emailed a couple people involved with Appleseed and haven't had a reply. Maybe you could get the word out since you're part of the organization.
    You might try emailing the RWVA too. I think they are tied to the Appleseed Project.

By the way, don't dry cleaners still charge different rates for women's and men's shirts? And wasn't that part of the lawsuit challenges also?