• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Upcoming CCW + Open Carry Class

JJC

imported post

On Day Concealed Carry Class being held on April 10th.

Covers Open Carry in Wisconsin and CCW permit qualifications for Minnesota, Florida etc. 35 states in all.

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas Colorado Delaware
Georgia Idaho Indiana Kansas Kentucky Louisiana
Michigan Mississippi Missouri Montana New Hampshire Nebraska
New Mexico North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Pennsylvania
South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Virginia
Washington West Virginia Wyoming Florida Minnesota

moz-screenshot.png

Class being held in South La Crosse, WI

Any Questions Please Ask

JJC

JJC

imported post

davegran wrote:
JJC wrote:
Gordo wrote:
$150 Bring a buddy, you get a $25 discount. 2 buddies you get $50 off.
Bring wife, she gets a $50 discount.

JJC
Just to give everybody another data point, I went to a Utah class put on by Iowa Carry in 2008 and it cost me $50.00 total.
wj9v0g.jpg

Dave
As far as I know Iowa doesn't issue CCW, or honor any other states training.

By all means take Dave's class.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

To be honest, Doug is correct. This is an open carry site and advertising for a CCW class is in violation of the forum rules.

For some of you newbies that like to bash the old timer, maybe you should read the forum rules as well.

Simply stating that you offer some advice on open carry does not mean that the class is still not centered around CCW.

Please refrain from using this forum for the interests of the Wisconsin Patriots and Gene German.

There are CCW forums that would be much more related to your posts.

Besides, $150.00 for something you don't need isn't practical.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

JJC wrote:
davegran wrote:
JJC wrote:
Gordo wrote:
$150 Bring a buddy, you get a $25 discount. 2 buddies you get $50 off.
Bring wife, she gets a $50 discount.

JJC
Just to give everybody another data point, I went to a Utah class put on by Iowa Carry in 2008 and it cost me $50.00 total.
wj9v0g.jpg

Dave
As far as I know Iowa doesn't issue CCW, or honor any other states training.

By all means take Dave's class.
It's not my class; it was conducted by a Utah certified instructor and it, along with an included session at the range that same day, satisfied the requirements for a Utah CCW.

Dave

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
To be honest, Doug is correct. This is an open carry site and advertising for a CCW class is in violation of the forum rules.

For some of you newbies that like to bash the old timer, maybe you should read the forum rules as well.

Simply stating that you offer some advice on open carry does not mean that the class is still not centered around CCW.

Please refrain from using this forum for the interests of the Wisconsin Patriots and Gene German.

Who you are you tell us what we need and don't need?

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Doug brings it on to himself by drawing first blood....;)
Exactly, Doug does it bring it on himself. I have never once seen him apologize for being the way he is.

Glockface

imported post

Can you take the class shooting a walther p22 .22 cal pistol? I have a neck injury and can't shoot anything that kicks.

M

McX

imported post

i went the economy route, and got a penn. non-res. permit to carry. it was quick and easy, and above all cheap. for me it works, if i ever go south again, it covers the states i would travel through, and once i get to fla. i'd just go glove box carry, since fla. doesn't recognize the penn. permit. plus there is an added bonus; it allows me to carry in arkensas, if i go to visit my left view, anti-gun inlaws! a chance to piss them off; yeah i got a permit for it...so? :lol:

not important nor impressive, but it's the first permit i ever got, means alot to me. laminated it, and keep it in my wallet!

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:

Who you are you tell us what we need and don't need?
Well in the Dustin, the law is very specific in Wisconsin that you can not CCW. Therefore what is the need of a CCW class?

Since you want to step up to the plate and try to "Take Charge" of this forum by disrespecting the oldtimers, maybe you should step back and think before you type.

You come on here being so defensive about every comment like you are taking everything as a personal attack. A re-evaluation may be in order.

For those of us who have been members here for any length of time, we are all aware of the Highjinks of the Wisconsin Patriots and Gene German.

They simple peruse this forum in search of people they can con out of their hard earned dollars. They are all for mandated training and turning your right into a privilege, all in the name of influencing legislation to include mandated training and appointing them the regulators of that training so they can slip their hands in your wallet and take your money. It is a scam. Anyone who has been in this forum for any amount of time knows this. As they reach out to you with what they insinuate is an olive branch, it is not until it is too late that you will learn it is nothing more than a briar stem.

Quite frankly, if you are not smart enough to research the laws and ask questions, particularly in a forum such as this, then you probably shouldn't be carrying at all.

What is so difficult about OC that you need to spend $150.00 on a class?

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Doug brings it on to himself by drawing first blood....;)
Exactly, Doug does it bring it on himself. I have never once seen him apologize for being the way he is.

As far as I_K's comment, he should know better.

You just posted a rude comment to me:

"Who you are you tell us what we need and don't need?"

I don't see you apologizing.

See here is the thing, you have many members in here that have carried for probably more years then you have been alive. Whether you agree or disagree with what they are saying is irrelevent.

Simply agree to disagree. No disrespect is needed.

I have seen this happening in this forum for a long time now.

As a new member, maybe you could stand to learn something from a guy like Doug, Lammie, Brass, BNH, Myself or many others who have carried for over 20 years.

It is very easy to jump on the band wagon and throw out comments that are not necessary. One must be smarter than that.

You can ignore Doug all you want it still doesn't remove the knowledge the man has on these issues.

As far as I_K goes, yes he is knowledgeable on the issues as well. To bad he has to try so hard to prove every poster that he knows more than they do about every topic that is brought up in this forum. While he does have a lot of knowledge by coming at people the way he does, it doesn't say much for his credibility. Not saying he isn't credible, it just doesn't look good.

Perhaps before burning bridges you should attempt another approach.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Gleason, are you aware that those classes are for the Utah permit? With that permit you can carry in over half the states. This forum should support any type of carry, and in any place. Im sure for many people on this forum, this is their sole source of carry info, so we should support both types. That is why I said who you are to tell people what they need. Besides, if someone wants to spend 150 bucks, no one should say, no you dont need to.
Secondly, what "oldtimer" besides Doug have I said anything negative to? None. Doug started insulting me. As far as Doug's so called knowledge, most of the time from what I've seen he just posts up a statute. I learned the commands copy and paste a long time ago.

M

McX

imported post

mr. gleason, i appologise, i didn't want to run afoul of forum rules, and discuss cc. i went with the penn. permit because it was a permit to carry, which to me left it open to what choice/style of carry i would choose. i will also have to research the states i would travel through going to fla. to see which ones inherantly allow oc, this would be my first choice anyway, especially when stopping for gas on the way down, that is the time i would most rely on the deterrent effect. plus i have to research vehicle carry for each state too. but it's ok, with the economy as bad as it is, and my wallet as slim as it is, i won't be going anywhere for quite some time.