• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Upcoming CCW + Open Carry Class

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

"btw, I suggest you never suggest to me that I don't carry at all. I've got more firearms training than you could fathom."

Is this a threat Dustin? Just what exactly are you going to do if I do suggest that you don't carry?

Maybe you should do some research on people before you send them emails like this.

You think because you served during the IRAQ War you are invincible?

Ever think that the people you are sending these messages to have seen much more than you? Or have more experience than you?Or have more training then you?

Push on little one. send your threats to someone else.

It is no secret where I live. I have posted my address right in this very forum. If you want to make threats I am all for it. Ring the door bell.

"Sua Sponte"

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

You're an infant. That wasnt a threat. What kind of person posts a private message in public? Remember, you were the one telling me what to do. This forum is full of idiots like you.

M

McX

imported post

jeez, getting kinda swampy in here.....................you guys still like me? i'm ok right? i mean, i know i'm not the smartest, but i am loveable.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
You're an infant. That wasnt a threat. What kind of person posts a private message in public? Remember, you were the one telling me what to do. This forum is full of idiots like you.
Like I said simply show up at my door with your attitude.

I take that PM as a threat. I receive many PM's from other members of this forum and nothing insinuates a threat like yours.

Your not impressing anyone so move on.

And remember this, this "idiot" and the others here like me will remember your comments when the day comes you come searching for any answers from us.

I did not tell you in particular to do anything. It was you who chose to be the Hero and step up to the plate.

I can see already that CCW class and permit has made you a "God" among carriers.

And by the way this "infant" has seen more then you could ever dream.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Your an idiot. I'm done.

___Original Message_____
Date: 2010-03-28 20:47:43
Subject: Re:

Hey **** nut maybe you should try to find a little information on someone before you send them a threatening PM. I don't give a **** shit what you did in IRAQ. I have seen more than you will ever know. I am a former U.S. Army Ranger. I have been in more situations then you could ever imagine. So take your sorry candy ass somewhere else. If you are going to make threats to me you damn well better be able to back them up.

I posted your sorry ass threat in the forum so everyone else here can see just how you operate. If someone doesn't agree with you, you try to bully them. Bring it on cup cake.

Apparently you operate the same way. Once again, it was not a threat. Goodnight nancy. BTW, Rangers dont impress me.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Thanks for posting that I was just going to do that and you saved me the trouble.
It's kind of funny actually, he says he is done but the PM's just keep coming.

M

McX

imported post

well, no good has come of any of this. please stop fighting, we are all unique, we all have abilities and talents. we have goals and interests, hopefully goals and interests that bind us together here. it costs nothing to show respect, it costs nothing to show courtesy. i have said many times i find the company of open carriers to be some of the finest people i have ever met. please try to live up to the illusion i have within me. so did any of you guys get to go to the wisconsin carry meeting? anything good?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Discussing/posting classes for CC permits is not in violation of forum rules. Such is routinely done on other state sub-forums.

Many people travel and may be in a situation that they cannot OC and can only CC or prefer not to OC for business reasons.

What reflects poorly on us all are a few bad attitudes and badly chosen words - This is where self-moderation would be most beneficial. I'm sure you will agree.

Yata hey

M

McX

imported post

thank you for commenting grapeshot, i appreciated the clarity, maybe it's just cabin fever, or the exuberance of youth, but i agree completely, as open carriers we must show a degree of emotional detatchment that guarentees us a cool head, and solid calculations, as we may need these traits in a crucial moment.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

McX wrote:
thank you for commenting grapeshot, i appreciated the clarity, maybe it's just cabin fever, or the exuberance of youth, but i agree completely, as open carriers we must show a degree of emotional detatchment that guarentees us a cool head, and solid calculations, as we may need these traits in a crucial moment.
Well-written, McX.

Tree_Planter

imported post

A friend asked me to look into this post because more people are becoming interested in unconcealed or 'open carry' in Wisconsin, she had some concerns, and a few names were attached by someone other than the original poster.

The Wisconsin Patriots do not offer training classes, they fight to further the ability of people in Wisconsin to exercise their rights as related to the 2nd Amendment.

Gene German does offer training classes, but not the one listed by the original poster. Gene and I taught a class on 03/27, but did not list it on OpenCarry.org. (It was a lot of fun, by the way.)
https://www.aacfi.com/courses/courseregister.php?courseid=4621

The original poster did not list any credentials on their profile or in the post. Although I have an extensive background on the subject of carry in Wisconsin, I still worked with a reputable organization to develop a course that would benefit the students and be legally accurate, then went through certification to teach the course. Without the background of the original poster or even the course content, I don't know if this is worth your time or not.

I can say there are perils of carrying lethal force without an understanding of the legal parameters surrounding it. Even if you know what you're doing, things can go badly.
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Brad+Krause%22+tree

The results of being attacked, having a defensive gun use, and the fallout surrounding it is something an educated instructor should explain in detail, as the unknowns can otherwise be overwhelming.

From what I've been seeing in the news, there are people who could use some education. Check into the instructor before taking a class so you know they cover everything they need to.

Brad Krause
Instructor, Wisconsin Civil Rights Advocate, and someone who still plants trees armed

JJC

imported post

Like Gene German I also am a AACFI instructor, AACFI offers a newly developed Open Carry course ( geared toward Wisconsin) to be taught in conjunction with the CCW class. As for my posting in this forum, I talked with a few board members before I posted my offer here in this forum, and was told to go ahead and post. But with the reception I've received here, well I need not go there.

JJC

Brad_Krause wrote:
A friend asked me to look into this post because more people are becoming interested in unconcealed or 'open carry' in Wisconsin, she had some concerns, and a few names were attached by someone other than the original poster.

The Wisconsin Patriots do not offer training classes, they fight to further the ability of people in Wisconsin to exercise their rights as related to the 2nd Amendment.

Gene German does offer training classes, but not the one listed by the original poster. Gene and I taught a class on 03/27, but did not list it on OpenCarry.org. (It was a lot of fun, by the way.)
https://www.aacfi.com/courses/courseregister.php?courseid=4621

The original poster did not list any credentials on their profile or in the post. Although I have an extensive background on the subject of carry in Wisconsin, I still worked with a reputable organization to develop a course that would benefit the students and be legally accurate, then went through certification to teach the course. Without the background of the original poster or even the course content, I don't know if this is worth your time or not.

I can say there are perils of carrying lethal force without an understanding of the legal parameters surrounding it. Even if you know what you're doing, things can go badly.
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Brad+Krause%22+tree

The results of being attacked, having a defensive gun use, and the fallout surrounding it is something an educated instructor should explain in detail, as the unknowns can otherwise be overwhelming.

From what I've been seeing in the news, there are people who could use some education. Check into the instructor before taking a class so you know they cover everything they need to.

Brad Krause
Instructor, Wisconsin Civil Rights Advocate, and someone who still plants trees armed

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I, too would like to reiterrate that this forum is dedicated, as the name opencarry.org implies, to open carry. There are other forums dedicated to concealed carry. What you personally do in regards to concealed carry is your business just don't make it the business of this forum.

Wisconsin Carry inc. is welcomed to this forum because it is carry neutral and endorses the manner of carry of firearms for personal protection at the discretion of the carrier.

In regards to Doug. With all the bashing he has undergone we are fortunate that he has the hide of a rhinocerous. When I joined this forum in 2007 as Wisconsin member 13 Doug had already been a member for some time. There is no question of his dedication to firearm freedom and of his knowledge of state law concerning firearms. Sometimes he may appear controversial and speak in riddles but it is always for the purpose of making us think harder. Some people may even feel personally attacked, but as Harry Truman said "If you can't stand the heat. Get out of the kitchen".

Mr. Greg

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I love the irony that the belly-acher trolls on the first page were clamoring about how this thread was against the rules, but, on the contrary, this thread has become a sticky at the very top of the forum.