• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St Charles City is OC

zekester

imported post

I wrote to the Mayor of St Charles City....

"In reference to Code 134.03 DANGEROUS AND CONCEALED WEAPONS, I do not see where there is an exemption for the Concealed Carry Permit.

Could you clarify and tell me if the City of St Charles allows the "Open Carry" within the City limits.

Thanks for your time"

She forwarded it to the Chief of Police, Dennis Corley. Thiswas his response;

"A valid Concealed Carry Permit will exempt the permit holder from provisions of the ordinance that may be applicable at the time of contact with a law enforcement official. The City of St. Charles does not have any ordinance that regulates as stated "Open Carry."

Hope this helps....

Zeke

*****UPDATE*****

I have since sent an email to the Chief and asked to verify if there was any ordinance or law prohibiting the carry of fire arms openly..It just seemed vague to me so we shall see....I will keep you up to date.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Look forward to seeing the response. As someone who has to travel to St. Charles somewhat frequently for family I appreciate your time and efforts on getting an answer on this.