• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Homeland Security, FBI Raids Militias in Multiple States!"

cscitney87

imported post

EM87 wrote:
Patriot 5.45 wrote:
AK is clean, now for the Mosin

I just sold my AK. Maybe I should have kept it... All I have left is a GLOCK and a Mosin-Nagant 91/30.
Cool story bro. It's obvious you are insinuating that you would need your AK to deal with a situation where NSA and FBI are gunning for the militia movement.

That goes for the rest of you "I just cleaned my rifle.." guys; now is not the time. No need to fantasize. No offense though as I understand where the motivation comes from.

EM87

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
EM87 wrote:
Patriot 5.45 wrote:

I just sold my AK. Maybe I should have kept it... All I have left is a GLOCK and a Mosin-Nagant 91/30.
Cool story bro.  It's obvious you are insinuating that you would need your AK to deal with a situation where NSA and FBI are gunning for the militia movement.

That goes for the rest of you "I just cleaned my rifle.." guys; now is not the time.  No need to fantasize.  No offense though as I understand where the motivation comes from.

I don't know why you call it a "story". It's not like I'm making up a fictional account of what happened... I really did just sell the thing! :p

All I'm saying is that I'm not prepared to defend myself as well as I could be, should anything extreme happen in the recent future.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

EM87 wrote:
cscitney87 wrote:
EM87 wrote:
Patriot 5.45 wrote:

Cool story bro. It's obvious you are insinuating that you would need your AK to deal with a situation where NSA and FBI are gunning for the militia movement.

That goes for the rest of you "I just cleaned my rifle.." guys; now is not the time. No need to fantasize. No offense though as I understand where the motivation comes from.

I don't know why you call it a "story". It's not like I'm making up a fictional account of what happened... I really did just sell the thing! :p

All I'm saying is that I'm not prepared to defend myself as well as I could be, should anything extreme happen in the recent future.
It's a saying from the INTERWEBS
COOL STORY BRO!!!!!
whenever someone sees something they don't care for or find "stupid"
COOL STORY BRO!!!!!
basically the nerd way of saying thanks for making me waste the time to read that now shut up.

In this case it was totally uncalled for and if I were you I'd bulk up on ammo for that 91/30
It's no ak but I would be more than willing to trust one with my life.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Word is- they were selling pipe bombs - who knows if this is true.

All I know is that I've confirmed why I saw the DHS Police car in downtown Ann Arbor 4 days ago.

wrightme

imported post

So, after reading the most recent article, some private citizens were arrested, who happened to be affiliated with a militia group. Seems the headlines are sensationalizing it a bit.

G

imported post

That' is the law as codified by the legislature of the sovereign State of Michigan to protect its Citizens.

Notice it's not from 1776, 1812, 1861, 1913...

It was enacted in 1967.

Why do you suppose it was so important to enact a statute establishing a militia in modern times? Did the legislature foresee something?

Then the question becomes...

Why is there such a concerted propaganda program, promulgated by the federal government via the mass media, to demonized something that is not a "movement"?

What benefit is it to the federal government to associate the term "militia" with "terrorism"?

Is this an affront to the State, it's Citizens, or both?

The UFO is coming.

PoppaGary

imported post

EM87 wrote:
cscitney87 wrote:
Mixed sensationalist reports from around the net; my take is there's nothing going on that anybody needs to worry about. Could be to early to say, though.
Yeah, there's not much information yet. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
This is one thing I don't understand about how, if it ever came to it, that the Patriots of this land would be able to mount any major resistance. By the time the multiple co-ordinated raids on most key groups and individuals (think 3%'ers mostly) were recognizedforwhat they were, it seems like it would be too late to take action.

Maybe because I don't run with those that are at the leading edge and am not privy to that information. It just seems like about all we would be able to do is hope for the best with the small corps that would be left.

I hope it doesn't come to this, but if the folks in Washington and in other areas of Gov don't start listening and doing the right thing, it seems inevitable.

Gary