• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

12 week wait for CPL in Macomb County

G

imported post

it is taking 12 weeks to get a CPL in Macomb Co. it even says so right in their website.

http://www.macombcountymi.gov/clerksoffice/WeaponLicensing.htm

the CPL pamphlet from the michigan state police says right in it that they have to approve or deny you within 45 days. is there anything that can or should be done? i understand that they are bogged down, but they are not complying with state law.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Remember it is 45 days from the day the gun board receives your fingerprint report back. If you do not have it by then go to the clerks office. If they do not respond appropriately then speak to the prosecutors office. I ran into this with Macomb. I went in on day 45 and demanded to know if they approved or denied me. This was around 4pm and they said the person who prints the license had already left. I was told however to come in the next day and pick up my license.

G

imported post

it only took 6 days from the day i applied at the clerk's office and had my prints taken at the Macomb County Sheriff's to get to step 8 out of the 10 steps (according the the application status part of the macomb county clerk's website). they got everything they need to know about me in 6 days.

so, how does it take 3-4 months if they are getting everything back from the state police and FBI within a week?

also, i would like to say that the michigan state police and FBI seem to be very squared away. they seem very efficient.

G

imported post

LUNO58 Rocks!!!

Welcome to OCDO.

Watch for the UFO

G

imported post

fozzy, do not despair yet. i am only going on what the clerk's office's website says. i will keep you informed of how long it actually takes.

SmithWesson357

imported post

I did my paperwork/fingerprints on April 5th (Day after my B-day) and I haven't received a date yet per Macomb County CPL website. This sucks! It took my buddy who lives in Big Rapids about 2 weeks after turning his paperwork in to get his CPL.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I dropped my paperwork off/prints taken at Wayne Co. on the Monday June 7th. I was told expect a wait of between 90 & 150 days (3 to 5 months!) WTF? They are having lots of trouble with prints not being clear enough in addition to not being able to get the approved CPLs in the computer in a timely manner.

At $105 a pop plus $10 pic fee you think they could keep their print scanner working?

:cry:

kryptonian

imported post

a bunch more OC should help rush it thru. if every time you get told by LEO why don't you get CPL and conceal - just say i applied 4 months ago..still waiting..have a good day.

fozzy71

imported post

DefenderoftheColt wrote:
I did my paperwork/fingerprints on April 5th (Day after my B-day) and I haven't received a date yet per Macomb County CPL website. This sucks! It took my buddy who lives in Big Rapids about 2 weeks after turning his paperwork in to get his CPL.

Join the club. :(

8. Macomb County Sheriff's Office receives background report regarding fingerprints from the Federal Bureau of Investigations(FBI). 04/28/2010

Michigun

imported post

Glock9mmOldStyle wrote:
I dropped my paperwork off/prints taken at Wayne Co. on the Monday June 7th. I was told expect a wait of between 90 & 150 days (3 to 5 months!) WTF? They are having lots of trouble with prints not being clear enough in addition to not being able to get the approved CPLs in the computer in a timely manner.

At $105 a pop plus $10 pic fee you think they could keep their print scanner working?

:cry:
That sucks, happened to me too. I think mine took around 14 weeks.
Anything that has to do with wayne co. is usually a cluster beep.

fozzy71

banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

Your Macomb County Concealed Pistol License application has been processed. You are scheduled to appear before the Concealed Weapons Licensing Board on 07/09/2010. Time of appointment is scheduled 1-2 weeks prior to meeting date.

The Licensing Board reviews nine applicants every 15 minutes starting at 9 a.m. You will receive a letter via U.S. Mail approximately two weeks prior to your Board of Review date informing you of the exact time of your review meeting.

Macomb County Court Building
Fifth Floor
Court Administrators Conference Room
40 North Main
Mount Clemens, MI 48043
Phone 586-469-5749
See http://www.mapquest.com for driving directions.
Process Date Completed
1. Application filed with Macomb County Clerk's Office. 04/20/2010
2. Fingerprints filed with Macomb County Sheriff's Office. 04/21/2010
3. Macomb County Sheriff's Office forwards fingerprints to the State of Michigan and Federal Bureau of Investigation for a background check. 04/21/2010
4. Macomb County Sheriff's Office prepares applicant's Criminal Case History report for the Concealed Weapons Licensing Board to review. 04/26/2010
5. Macomb County Sheriff's Office requests incident reports from local police department, unless the Sheriff's Department serves as applicant's local police department. 04/26/2010
6. Macomb County Sheriff's Office receives Incident Report from local police department, unless the Sheriff's Department serves as applicant's local police department. 04/29/2010
7. Macomb County Sheriff's Office receives background report regarding fingerprints from the State of Michigan. 04/28/2010
8. Macomb County Sheriff's Office receives background report regarding fingerprints from the Federal Bureau of Investigations(FBI). 04/28/2010
9. Macomb County Clerk's Office receives the State of Michigan and Federal Bureau of Investigation Reports from the Macomb County Sheriff's Office. 05/14/2010
10. Concealed Weapon Licensing Board of Review meeting is scheduled for:
PLEASE NOTE: This date may be subject to change up to a week prior to the meeting. 07/09/2010