• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vallejo Open Carry Picnic and Fundraiser for Vallejo Youth 4/3/10

brad9point0

imported post

Location is set! Independence Park on Mare ISland Way in Vallejo, CA 94590.

We will be providing BBQ and all the sides! FREE! We will also be asking people to donate a few dollars to the Vallejo Youth and Recreation Summer and After school Scholarship Program. This will provide the means for youth to attend summer programs they would typically not financially be able to participate in.

Come out and enjoy a great time and encourage your FRIENDS, FAMILY, NEIGHBORS, CO-WORKERS and anyone else to come. This is going to be a big event and the kids in Vallejo can really use the help.

See the Vallejo Times Herald article in todays paper:

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_14773993

Any donations of food/equipment/etc please PM me.

Thanks! And hope to see you all there!

:celebrate

As always, bring a positive and friendly attitude and do your research. From what I can see there are a few routes away from GFSZ but map out your route or use a lock box. We are here to have a good time and raise some funds for the kids!

brad9point0

imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
Great idea. Your website looks fine, too.
http://www.norcaloc.com/

It's funny that the fundraiser part doesn't make it into the news article until the last paragraph.
I can't make it for the picnic, but is there a link where I can send a donation?

Thanks! PM Send =D

brad9point0

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
Well played Brad... If I werent otherwise commited, I think I would try to come.

Sorry you cant make it, but if you know anyone in the area make sure they are aware of it =D

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

THIS is the type of events we need to be planning.

The ONLY way this could be a better event is if it were in unincorporated territory where it could be a LOADED open carry event.

Keep up the good work Brad!

markm

imported post

Brad9pointO,

The newspaper article was right-on. And, I have to say thanks to all of the "foot soldiers" and leaders of this movement for educating the public and police about open carry. The Vallejo police department has been on this website and read postings (I don't know if my "FEELING" is true, but I will bet a buck that I am correct!).

Because of the work that hasoccurred to date,the police andthe public's veiwpoint is definately changing toone that could becalled"benign respect." Change is occuring. The Vallejo Police spokesman stated that UOcers are law abiding andunderstandthe laws. Peacablemeet-ups have occured with no incidents. These statements are a testament to all who have been working forthis movement.

As a newbey, I can only say: Thanks to All!

markm

PS: I am working Saturday and will get there as the fund raiser ends. Hopefully, a few straglers will still be around andhopefully, I won't have to work beyond my scheduled time.

JJ

imported post

This is no minor undertaking. I applaud Brad's devotion of time, determination, and financial commitment to get this event planned and approved. Can't wait to meet some more of my fellow OCers'. Way to go Brad!!!

brad9point0

imported post

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. It has been a lot of planning and hassle in the process, but should be well worth it all in the end.

PLEASE invite your friends and family and even your co-workers. Not only do we need a huge turnout but the Vallejo Youth programs need us, the fund is literally broke. Donating a few dollars can literally mean keeping youth off the street and away from gang/drug violence. This is your chance to make a difference and have fun while doing it. Even a dollar helps!

brad9point0

imported post

bad_ace wrote:
Are donations to the Vallejo Youth and Recreation Summer and After school Scholarship Program Tax Deductible?

Sorry for the delay in reply... been out of town. Unfortunately we are not able to give a tax deductible receipt for donations. We are not an organized non-profit so it would not really be possible unless a check was made directly to the Parks and Rec and even then it is not a non-profit so I wouldnt think so. But then again I am not a CPA or Attorney.

brad9point0

imported post

****UPDATE!!!****

Due to unfounded issues with the Greater Vallejo Recreation District, we are having to move our event to Independence Park on Mare Island Way still in Vallejo. Same times and all.

The GVRD says that we cannot use the original park due to the fact that its next to a pre-school. Even though the law is clearly on our side and not to mention the event will be on a Saturday. I personally do not agree with their decission but we do not have time to fight this one.

I would however, like to commend the Vallejo Police Department. Lt. Salinas and Mortenson <sp> have been extremely helpful in the setup of this event. The department has shown to be impartial and even if they dont agree with the event they are not going to do like Richmond did.

Hope to see you all there!!!

RandomOck

imported post

I'll be there with a friend or two. Hopefully it won't be too cold.

I'm glad VPD is cooperating, they're all pretty cool, easy going guys.

I'll pass the word around here, wish I would of seen this sooner......

brad9point0

imported post

Today is the day! Come if you can and bring family, friends, neighbors and co-workers! The kids of Vallejo need our support to make the after school and summer programs work!

And it will be a good time!

well well well

imported post

as you were not in hand of informationnor privey to the information that Richmond Police was told, they did just fine, considering the information they had. Good Job RPD!

well well well

imported post

ohhhh and the unfounded issues were that you did not havea permit for the first site, and the school listed on property of the park said kindergarten.... could that have been the problem?