• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Outing on Washington Island

M

McX

imported post

i looked on the internet, the island is a long way from racine. i would like to try to go, if we can plan it early enough so i can have a date to work towards. it would be neat to be in a place like that, and to visit with everyone!

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

McX wrote:
i looked on the internet, the island is a long way from racine. i would like to try to go, if we can plan it early enough so i can have a date to work towards. it would be neat to be in a place like that, and to visit with everyone!
It is early in the year. We have plenty of time to pick a date. First we need a list of those sincerely interested and realistically able to attend an event.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Ferry schedule and tariffs
Thank you for the helpful information.I am certain many do sincerely appreciate it. Not everyone is as frequent a visitor as I am. Can I put you down as a Yes?
No. I will exercise my freedom of association and avoid so indiscreet individuals as here. I have corresponded with those that I would enjoy meeting.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

From your previous posting, my understanding is that the Town only has a general prohibition on Open Carry and not a Park specific one.Rock Island is the closest State Park and I am not aware of any County Parks on the islands. School House Beach is far from any Gun Free School Zone as is thepublic sand beach on the island. One of the beaches would be the natural choice.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

From your previous posting, my understanding is that the Town only has a general prohibition on Open Carry and not a Park specific one.Rock Island is the closest State Park and I am not aware of any County Parks on the islands. School House Beach is far from any Gun Free School Zone as is thepublic sand beach on the island. One of the beaches would be the natural choice.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

No. I will exercise my freedom of association and avoid so indiscreet individuals as here. I have corresponded with those that I would enjoy meeting.
I understand. Discrete in public but indiscrete when hiding behind your keyboard. You are critical of those who registered on this board with names other than our given but refuse to associate freely in public with them. This makes you far more AnonyMouse than I would or could ever be.

M

McX

imported post

please stop fighting. were supposed to be a united group. differences of opinion fine, but jeez. i think it would be exciting to go to an island, i haven't been to one since we went to florida some years back. i know the kids will like taking a ferry boat over, they sure know what they want to transport cars over huh? once you get there, do you just park your car and walk around? we plan to close the shop one saturday a month to give us a minor summer. i'm working on the logistics of getting there; go up to the camper, stay a night, then jump up to this island. i will have to start saving now to pull this off, but i think it would be realy neat; island open carry event!

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

McX wrote:
i think it would be exciting to go to an island, i haven't been to one since we went to florida some years back. i know the kids will like taking a ferry boat over, they sure know what they want to transport cars over huh? once you get there, do you just park your car and walk around? we plan to close the shop one saturday a month to give us a minor summer. i'm working on the logistics of getting there; go up to the camper, stay a night, then jump up to this island. i will have to start saving now to pull this off, but i think it would be realy neat; island open carry event!

I would recommend taking the Cherry Train as a first time visitor. You get to sit back and let someone else drive you to see many of the interesting sites. You then can drive around yourself once you decide where you wish to visit at your leisure. The island is large enough where you would not wish to walk everywhere.

There is a campground with small cabins for a reasonable fee. Lodging definitely does not break the bank on the island.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

McX wrote:
please stop fighting. were supposed to be a united group. differences of opinion fine, but jeez. i think it would be exciting to go to an island, i haven't been to one since we went to florida some years back. i know the kids will like taking a ferry boat over, they sure know what they want to transport cars over huh? once you get there, do you just park your car and walk around? we plan to close the shop one saturday a month to give us a minor summer. i'm working on the logistics of getting there; go up to the camper, stay a night, then jump up to this island. i will have to start saving now to pull this off, but i think it would be realy neat; island open carry event!
We should be united, but every group has a bad apple.

qball54208

imported post

We are a diverse group, cultured in many ways, sarcastic and yet helpful at the same time, in a sadistic kind of way.
I rather enjoy some of the bantering and badgering, however do agree (I am guilty too) that it does get out of hand, I will be more conscience of it.
Given that the spoken word along with the ability to read both body and facial language is much easier, on the other hand, the written word lacks that interpretation.

M

McX

imported post

well, i hope we can unite long enough to plan something! it has been a long boring winter, nothing but work then home. i am counting on open carry events to give me a bit of a summer to enjoy, and reflect back on positively. trying to get the money together, and a reliable machine up and running to get me there is now my priority. i saw on the news the weather is supposed to start getting nice next week, so it signals to me summer is approaching, and i'd better get started on my plans to be mobile now. i missed going to the wisconsin carry meeting today, because i couldn't get a machine up to make the trip, and couldn't find a ride. i feel badly about that. i feel i missed something important, and a chance to see my friends again. i hope there will be alot of events planned within reach of me here, down in the armpit of the midwest.

M

McX

imported post

scorpio, on the attachment in this thread about costs of transport to the island it listed motorcyles, so they must allow them.

scorpio_vette

imported post

Ferry schedule and tariffs
Thank you for the helpful information. I am certain many do sincerely appreciate it.   Not everyone is as frequent a visitor as I am.   Can I put you down as a Yes?
No.  I will exercise my freedom of association and avoid so indiscreet individuals as here.  I have corresponded with those that I would enjoy meeting.  

so are you saying that you don't want to meet "people like me", or that you are protecting us from "people like you". however you take it, i take it as an insult. judge a book by its over and all that..........

so exactly how high is your horse??? do you need help getting way up there???