• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit class - Sunday, April 18, 2010, Ashland, Va.

apollosmom

imported post

Bit off topic centerline, but what sort of timeline are your grads averaging on receipt of Utah permits? Am curious as Utah Public Safetyhttp://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/ccwapp_006.pdf application states they have 60 days to process. Took the Utah class at Lafayette Gun Club on the 27th of March and submitted my packet the 30th...noted online at my bank they have already gobbled up my payment of $65.25 on Monday this week. Any experiences?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

apollosmom wrote:
Bit off topic centerline, but what sort of timeline are your grads averaging on receipt of Utah permits? Am curious as Utah Public Safetyhttp://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/ccwapp_006.pdf application states they have 60 days to process. Took the Utah class at Lafayette Gun Club on the 27th of March and submitted my packet the 30th...noted online at my bank they have already gobbled up my payment of $65.25 on Monday this week. Any experiences?
What I'm seeing is 50-60 days now on average. It had been 70-90 days.

livitup

imported post

Unsolicited shilling - I took the Utah class (and got my Utah permit) back in 2007 - which was about midway through the validity of my VA CHP.

I'm sure you can guess where I'm going with this - I forgot to renew my VA CHP and it expired at the beginning of the year, but I'm still ok to CC, due to the Utah permit still being valid and accepted in VA.

Just another benefit of having a Utah permit - and Proshooter's class was excellent!

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

livitup wrote:
Unsolicited shilling - I took the Utah class (and got my Utah permit) back in 2007 - which was about midway through the validity of my VA CHP.

I'm sure you can guess where I'm going with this - I forgot to renew my VA CHP and it expired at the beginning of the year, but I'm still ok to CC, due to the Utah permit still being valid and accepted in VA.

Just another benefit of having a Utah permit - and Proshooter's class was excellent!

Thank you livitup!

A satisfied student is our best advertising. I appreciate your kind words!

emcsqrd

imported post

apollosmom wrote:
They received my application February 11, 2010 and my permit was issued on April 1, 2010. I received it in the mail 5 or 6 days later. Hope this helps.