• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to dress up a census...

We-the-People

imported post

Did you answer all their intrusive little questions? If not, they'll be knocking on your door......oh wait...maybe not....LOL

That or they'll have the Sheriff with them when they come to knock. Still should get the same answer "XXX people live here, GOOD BYE".

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We-the-People wrote:
Did you answer all their intrusive little questions? If not, they'll be knocking on your door......oh wait...maybe not....LOL

That or they'll have the Sheriff with them when they come to knock. Still should get the same answer "XXX people live here, GOOD BYE".
That would be great if they brought the Sheriff with them; then I wouldn't have to bother to call them myself when I want the census workers cited for tresspassing....:D

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
That would be great if they brought the Sheriff with them; then I wouldn't have to bother to call them myself when I want the census workers cited for trespassing.:D
I had breakfast with a Complete Count employee last Friday morning and was told then that all census information will be acquired face to face here on the Island due to the large fraction of summer residences, about 80%.

She was oblivious to my cautionary questions about constitutionality and trespassing. As I posted elsewhere, I see no exception to WI trespass law for federal agents.

TheMrMitch

imported post

I like. I have a stamp Gun Owner$ and I missed my opportunity....wasn't thinking.:banghead:

I answered the first question with a *1* and wrote N/A for the rest.:dude:

We-the-People

imported post

My wife filled it out and sealed it before I knew it was even here (been down in Cali dealing with the loss of my father).

She's a good wife though. Put "2" and then "NOYB" (None Of Your Business).

Last night she was reading me some CONSERVATIVE think tank article saying that case law says you have to answer all the questions. Ummm "NOYB" is an answer....just not one they may like. And case law on this can kiss my you know what!

I suspect this census cycle is going to cause some problems for our "buddies" in DC as from what I'm hearing there are a LOT of people saying "this many people live here, now go away".