• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting Boise, Any thing I must know? Any good Gunstores I must see?

triehl27

imported post

So I am visitiing Boise to see the GF. But I will have some time to kill.

Are there any killer gunshops I should make a point of stopping a browsing at?

Also anything I should know about Boise? Any areas I should avoid? etc etc,

I have my WA CPL, and will have my Kahr MK9 with me. but planning on Concealed carry as it is unfamilar turf, and the GF isn't all that into me carying to begin with.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

I hope you enjoy your visit. When exactly are you coming; it would be great if you could meet up with some of us locals.

It's a shame your G/F isn't OK with it because you are going to be in one of the safest states to OC. You're unlikely to be bothered by and police or citizens, other than someone asking what kind of gun that is and trying to compare notes. You'll certainly be fine with your Washington CWL if you choose to conceal.

TopGunIdaho

imported post

Check out Impact Guns,

11655 West Executive Drive
Boise, ID 83713-8997
(208) 321-1288

they have a small range, lots of cool stuff. If I had the $$ that's where I'd get my next.

Alpha Omega is good, a lot of stuffed crammed into a little store.

2809 Garrity Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83687-3627
(208) 465-3577

enjoy Idaho!

ISRAEL

imported post

Go ahead!!!!! O.C. you are in Boise,Idaho now!!!!!!

I O.C. when I go to Yakima and Olympia,

You can go to Cabelas on Franklin, and there is anice little store at 5 mile and Emerald.

If you stay few days maybe we can meet for coffe or a pie?, please let us know.

I came from El Salvador to Yakima, and I feel Yakima is my city, lived there for long time and then move to Olympia where my son was born, but now I live in Boise,and it is a nice city, I still miss Yakima, Keep in touch and keep O.C. Your Vaquero friend, Israel.

adam m

imported post

I love impact guns. Firendly, helpful staff. I have a .338 and they let me shoot it once. It was the day before they reset the armor. I know it's kinda pointless to shoot that big of a bore at such a short range, but I just bought a scope from there and wanted to zero it befor I went outdoors. Definatly worth checking out

TopGunIdaho

imported post

Oh, I guess Alpha is not OC friendly......
But at least they make that clear on their front door.:shock:

IndianaBoy79

imported post

TopGunIdaho wrote:
Oh, I guess Alpha is not OC friendly......
But at least they make that clear on their front door.:shock:
You're kidding me? Are you sure the sign doesn't refer to guns being handled/worked on? Never been there but always heard good things. Too bad if so.

TopGunIdaho

imported post

I should look at the sign a little better before I open my trap. I did see a sign, could tell you exactly what it said.:? I thought it said leave loaded firearms in your car?!?

I was CCing that day.

John Wolver

imported post

I dont recommend Alpha Omega firearms, they are not friendly in reality. The sign says no loaded firearms in the store, so in essence you walk in with your cc or oc weapon you are breaking store code, and can be trespassed or whatever. They also record audio and video of everything and everyone in the store. Enter at your own Risk.