There are several categories to compare when you define "best" but I will agree it is a great gun.
I like mine for the following reasons:
- it goes bang when I pull the trigger
- it eats all ammo reliably
- it fits my hand
- it is light enough
- it has 12+1 capacity (big plus)
- cost is reasonable (I got a great price on mine)
- SERPA makes a holster for it :-)
- it has a decocker (in my version)
- it has a manual safety
- the slide can be racked while safety is on. This is great for chambering a round or removing a round (visiting schools) but I have heard some people complain that they prefer the a manual safety to lock the gun in battery so that holstering or any other movement won't get it out-of-battery.
- it shoots great (accuracy)
- recoil is light
- trigger pull DA is ok but SA is great
- it is easy to break down and clean
- it looks good
So all in all it is one of my favorite guns.
Best is going to be relative to the person judging the criteria that meets their needs though.