• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HK USP .45 best polymer gun ever?

Article1section23

imported post

I loved shooting mine. Carried it off duty and even tried to get the department to switch over, but they liked the glocks. The glocks grew on me and now they aremy main carry gun G22 and G27 for ccw.

HK's are fantastic! If your getting one, you will love it also. I have come to believe that for the money, glocks are the right way to go. Mags are a lot cheaper and the look grows on you ( i hated it at first).

HK is still in the family, but I don't carry it anymore."In the world of compromise, some don't" That is what is on the case and I would trust my life with it.

Good luck!

curtiswr

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
geez guys, not need to get so serious, we all have a bias towards a certain brand whther we like to admit it or not, my purpose for posting this thread was not to convert all of you to Hk but to start a funny conversation because i know you glock guys hate us Hk guys :) HK ALL DAY
What? No one is taking offense at any of this I hope.

I have no doubt that H&Ks are great guns, and I don't dislike people for appreciating them. I just can't justify spending 900 dollars on another polymer gun when I have a Glock that will do what I expect of it.

To each his own, I think is a consensus we can all agree on, along with understanding that opinions are neither facts nor absolutes.

Sorry that you don't like the ergonomics of a Glock. It points great and feels great in my hand. It didn't at first but I decided to give it a try at the range and I found that I warmed up to the gun very, very fast.I don't like the mag release on the H&K but I'm guessing there are others that do, and even that I could get used to it.

That being said, I'm not a Glock fanboy, just glad that I have one that I can depend on. I have a 1911 and a couple revolvers. To be honest, I think I prefer the revolvers to the semi-autos altogether.

Marco

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
my purpose for posting this thread was not to convert all of you to Hk but to start a funny conversation because i know you glock guys hate us Hk guys :) HK ALL DAY
You did, all of us non H&K fanatics are laughing at you for paying too much and getting the worst service dept in the business.:lol::lol::lol::p

I do own an H&K, it is a P7M8been with me for 20+yrs but it is the only H&K handgun I would ever own.

FightingGlock19

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
And also, glock ergonomics are atrocious :)
You must not be happy with your HK purchase. Either that or trying to justify why you spent almost twice the money on a firearm that's not any better than a Polymer handgun :question:

Michigander

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
And also, glock ergonomics are atrocious :)
They are. But you can pay Robar to fix that for you, or do it yourself if you have the urge to.

The triggers also suck, the slide release sucks, and mag changing is about as smooth as a ride across the entirety of Route 66. But fixes are available for all these things.

Until such a time as Sig or FN comes out with double stack 10mm P226's or FNP's, I'll keep considering pimped out G20's to be the ultimate carry gun, despite how unpleasant I think Glocks are to look at. :uhoh:

Landpimp

imported post

take it for what its worth, I would not own(and I sell them)a XD for one simple reason....unless the grip safety is pressed you cant rack the slide, to most it will never be an issue, but I can how it could be.

look on the slide of your XD......you will see where its made

will add however the WADOE in T&E'ing the XDM currently and I do dig the XDM...but gotta lose that one little "safety" feature

and yes I am a HK NUT....I own 100+ of them. all flavors and types, as well as many other handguns, nothing has come along to replace my USP's(except my P7's and S&W wheelguns)

ever have a gun that is just perfect.....well thats my HK Elite in 45, I can litterly after the 1st rd fired, close my eyes and put the next 11 in the same hole...

I do use Handalls on my USP's, standard grip is not to my liking

Superlite27 wrote:
I just noticed.....my XDm .40 has most of the nifty things listed above except for that decocker thingie that mechanically drops the hammer on a loaded chamber. I use my trigger to do that. If I don't want my gun cocked, I don't cock it.

Oh, your "big plus" of 12+1 is kinda "small plus" for me. I've gotten used to 16+1.

Oh,I likemy factory match barrel too.

(Hey, just gotta support my company of preference!)

XDm....brought to you by the fine folks who also brought you the M1A.

robin.kevin

imported post

Landpimp wrote:
take it for what its worth, I would not own(and I sell them)a XD for one simple reason....unless the grip safety is pressed you cant rack the slide, to most it will never be an issue, but I can how it could be.

look on the slide of your XD......you will see where its made

XDs are for us who still vaule safety. After you hear and see people shooting themselves in the rear, foot, and other unpleasent spots the idea of extra safety is nice. Grip safeties have been proven on the 1911's which many would say is the best semi auto for a long time running.

Its all comes down to what other people have said here... It depends on the person and how it fits them and their needs.

FightingGlock19

imported post

robin.kevin wrote:
XDs are for us who still vaule safety. After you hear and see people shooting themselves in the rear, foot, and other unpleasent spots the idea of extra safety is nice. Grip safeties have been proven on the 1911's which many would say is the best semi auto for a long time running.
:quirky

KansasMustang

imported post

I'm a big fan of HK's however not a big fan of their price tag. I bought a Springfield XD45. Love it and it's about half the price. Also carries 13+1 TYVM.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
but still, its an HK! In all reality you're right, there are lots of excellent guns out there, im just trying to see how many more HK fans are here.
I'm not an H&K fan, because I don't live on the internet.

:p

Also Glocks are stupid.

But they all shoot bullets.

Landpimp wrote:
take it for what its worth, I would not own(and I sell them) a XD for one simple reason....unless the grip safety is pressed you cant rack the slide, to most it will never be an issue, but I can how it could be.
This is a great feature on a gun which otherwise doesn't have a manual safety to lock the slide (most XDs anyway).

Unless you live in CA, carry a round in the chamber. If you do this, why would you ever need to rack the slide in the first place?

If you can't grip the gun (you know, to depress the grip safety), how exactly do you suppose you are going to fire it? Holding it like someone else's dirty underwear?

Why would this feature ever deter you from buying the gun?

Oh and who gives a crap where the thing is made? H&Ks aren't American made either. As for Croatia itself, Croatia actually has a longstanding reputation for firearms manufacturing. Nothing bad can be said about Croatian manufacturing in terms of quality.

Finally, even if you demand American-made stuff, XDs are still finished and assembled in the U.S., so it's actually built in both Croatia and in the U.S. (unlike the HS2000 which is built entirely in Croatia).

Gun shop dis-info is always funny....

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Don't worry, Jeff, you got your money's worth.

H&K pistols are the only pistols which can load and fire rounds backwards.

I guess you were right when you said Taurus guns don't shoot bullets the way H&K guns do. Now we finally have proof!

Landpimp

imported post

its not the grip safety itself, I dont mind that, its the fact that you cant rack the slide unless the grip safety is held down, that is my issue with the XD

Landpimp

imported post

you guys are funny, I have no issue where its made, but it was the OP seemed to imply they were made in the US......I was just stating a fact

I am a simple man, I dont like unneed crap on my guns, if for whatever reason, say your gun hand is hit or you have a jam, you may not be able to grip the gun correctly to clear the jam.....it may or may not be a real prolem for most

My guess is I have more real world expence that most here, both with guns and self defence(it sucks havinga gun pulled on you), so calling it gun shop BS is incorrect, both are FACTS!

I have never ever BS'd anyone about a gun.....this I promise you, ifI had that intention Iwould not have left(just walked out)a very goodjob to own aLE dealer, I did so because I DONT BS and I am doing something that helps and I enjoy,why BS if its your passion. I workwith someone that has been in the firearms biz for50 years, he KNOWS his stuff, he is always amazedatwhat I know and my no BS sales.

marshaul wrote:

Landpimp wrote:
take it for what its worth, I would not own(and I sell them) a XD for one simple reason....unless the grip safety is pressed you cant rack the slide, to most it will never be an issue, but I can how it could be.
This is a great feature on a gun which otherwise doesn't have a manual safety to lock the slide (most XDs anyway).

Unless you live in CA, carry a round in the chamber. If you do this, why would you ever need to rack the slide in the first place?

If you can't grip the gun (you know, to depress the grip safety), how exactly do you suppose you are going to fire it? Holding it like someone else's dirty underwear?

Why would this feature ever deter you from buying the gun?

Oh and who gives a crap where the thing is made? H&Ks aren't American made either. As for Croatia itself, Croatia actually has a longstanding reputation for firearms manufacturing. Nothing bad can be said about Croatian manufacturing in terms of quality.

Finally, even if you demand American-made stuff, XDs are still finished and assembled in the U.S., so it's actually built in both Croatia and in the U.S. (unlike the HS2000 which is built entirely in Croatia).

Gun shop dis-info is always funny....

Landpimp

imported post

come awn over and I will show you :D

I collect andshoot the crap out ofHK semi'sand S&W wheelguns, have for years, but am also a HK LE/Mil dealer:D

Ruger wrote:
Landpimp wrote:
and yes I am a HK NUT....I own 100+ of them, as well as many other handguns,"

"ever have a gun that is just perfect.....well thats my HK Elite in 45, I can litterly after the 1st rd fired, close my eyes and put the next 11 in the same hole...
I call BS on both statements :lol:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Landpimp wrote:
you guys are funny, I have no issue where its made, but it was the OP seemed to imply they were made in the US......I was just stating a fact

I am a simple man, I dont like unneed crap on my guns, if for whatever reason, say your gun hand is hit or you have a jam, you may not be able to grip  the gun correctly to clear the jam.....it may or may not be a real prolem for most

My guess is I have more real world expence that most here, both with guns and self defence(it sucks having a gun pulled on you), so calling it gun shop BS is incorrect, both are FACTS!

I have never ever BS'd anyone about a gun.....this I promise you, if I had that intention I would not have left(just walked out) a very good job to own a LE dealer, I did so because I DONT BS and I am doing something that helps and I enjoy, why BS if its your passion. I work with someone that has been in the firearms biz for 50 years, he KNOWS his stuff, he is always amazed at what I know and my no BS sales.
Fair enough.

I still think that the XD is not a gun where you're going to be able to operate the slide and clear a jam if you can't assume the control grip.

But, of course, we're getting down to the level of individual taste. which is indisputable.

45acpForMe

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Don't worry, Jeff, you got your money's worth.

H&K pistols are the only pistols which can load and fire rounds backwards.

I guess you were right when you said Taurus guns don't shoot bullets the way H&K guns do. Now we finally have proof!

That picture is hillarious. I wonder who got fired over it and how many brochures were sent out. Where did you get that picture?