• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HK USP .45 best polymer gun ever?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My guess is the photographer was freelance (seems to be the case with most gun stuff), and he probably hasn't been asked back. :lol:

I got that from a Google image search for "H&K bullets backwards magazine" or something like that, but I knew exactly what I was looking for.

As for where I saw it in the first place, it was on a gun forum. Probably this one.

The Wolfhound

imported post

The story I got was that HK was rushing to the SHOT show and had a new catalog printed. The Photographer was not gun savy and no one proofed the pics until it was too late. Now by tradition many of us turn the top round when posing our HKs for photos.

45acpForMe

imported post

Eeyore wrote:
Best polymer gun ever?  Nope.  That's why they came out with the HK45 and P30. ;)

I waited for the HK45 and was disappointed they reduced the mag capacity to 10. The standard rails on the HK45 are nice but I rarely add anything to my pistols. The USP is time proven and holds two extra rounds AND since the HK45 the prices on the USP are lower. :)

Alexcabbie

imported post

Polymer, eh? How bout this: S&W has come out with a polymer-framed REVOLVER.

A revolver.

IS NOTHING SACRED??

:banghead:

(actually I would like to at least try one, but personally I like the recoil dampening effect of steel.)

The Wolfhound

imported post

Oh, PLEASE! The HK VP-70 was the first polymer firearm, more than 10 yearsahead of GastonGlock. I own a Ruger LCR, I do acknowledge it as the first polymer REVOLVER but my USP out performs it in everything except hiding in my pocket.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

The Wolfhound wrote:
Oh, PLEASE! The HK VP-70 was the first polymer firearm, more than 10 yearsahead of GastonGlock. I own a Ruger LCR, I do acknowledge it as the first polymer REVOLVER but my USP out performs it in everything except hiding in my pocket.

My remark about Ruger doing it first was specifically in reference to the polymer revolver. I was responding to the following remark from Alexcabbie: "How bout this: S&W has come out with a polymer-framed REVOLVER"

Alex's comment left the impression that perhaps he was not familiar with the LCR, and that S&W's forthcoming polymer-framed wheelgun is the first of its kind that he was aware of.

And I'm sure that your USP DOES outperform it in everything except concealability (What was the point of that remark, anyway? Only an idiot would debate the validity of your statement). A USP SHOULD outperform the LCR. My LCR is primarily a BUG. Accuracy beyond 7-10 yards is negligible, but with a barrel length of slightly less than 2" you can't really complain, eh? The only time I would carry the LCR as my only armament is if circumstances were to somehow necessitate being VERY discreet about being armed, and even then, only if I couldn't figure out a way to still carry my SR9 or my Glock 21 discreetly with whatever I'm wearing (so basically, almost never).

Jeez man, I know that polymer-framed handguns aren't something new :p

The Wolfhound

imported post

Sorry to bash. I think I was over reacting a bit. I had typed my reply before rereading the posts. Agreed, like any mouse or BUG the LCR is for up close and personal.

The Smith was introduced at the SHOT show this year along with a .380 auto

Alexcabbie

imported post

Just did some research on the USP. Great, simple short-recoil system, decocking safety that I like in the Walthers nd the ergonomics look to be great.

But OOOHHH the PRICE of the thing. Ye Gods.

big_bake

Alexcabbie

imported post

big_bake wrote:
Alexcabbie,

I found some USPc's in 45 on vaguntrader. seemed like a pretty good price to me. said he is sitting on a mountain of them and no complaints at all. went in and got my background check started (damn delay went past store hours) so i should be back tomorrow to pick one up.

FS H&K USP 45 Compact's $527 - Handguns - VIRGINIA ONLY - FOR SALE/TRADE - VaGunTrader.com -- Buy/Sell/Trade your firearms for free !
Yeah what is WITH these 5-hour "instant" checks?? Although, I have discovered thay if I google my full legal name, the first hit is on a Florida DLE bulletin for a convicted sex offender. THAT may explain the hokdups I have been experiencing. You would think however that there would be some kind of notation after so many transactions.

The Wolfhound

imported post

In an effort to piss off as many people as possible, with the hope of getting us to accept higher taxes, our government has decreased the number of people in the clearance office for firearm background checks, where the effect will be felt and undoubtedly kept other useless employees elsewhere. All government "cuts" will be in visible and necessary areas so we feel the pain. Could other things have been cut? Oh Yeah. What? Me a cynic? What ever would give you that idea?

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I really loved mine and hated to sell it. It was too heavy for me to OC every day. Great range gun, though. Accurate at the 50 yard line and had a wonderful trigger job. Good sights and decent grips. I miss it sometimes...

My daughter really loves her Glock 21SF. It doesn't feel right in my hands but she says it fits hers well... go figure.

We're still a .45ACP family. I really like my Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II. Its still good out to 25 yards, has a SWEEEEET trigger job, and a 3" heavy match-grade barrel.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

The HK plr-16 is the best polymer handgun, ever!

peace1.jpg