• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shots fired on Eastern Shore

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

Shots were fired at the Onley Food Lion and Wine Rack on the Eastern Shore Saturday afternoon. Although not listed in the article I know EMS personnel were dispatched to the Wine Rack for a gun shot to the arm.

Incidents like this are becoming more common here also.:cuss:

http://www.ask4direct.com/InfoRead.asp?id=WESR&InfoID=613123

3/29/10 - Shots Fired at Food Lion and Wine Rack in Onley [size=-1]- http://www.ask4direct.com/infoRead.asp?InfoID=613123&print=on', 'remote');]Click here to print this information[/url][/size]

613123.jpg

]http://www.ask4direct.com/albumviewer.asp?albumid=4616');]Shooting pix[/url]

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

I talked to one of the guys at my fire station that went on the call. The Sears outlet, Subway and Food Lion were all hit in the same shopping center. The victim was also apparently hit there and drove or was driven to the Wine Rack.

We are having problems here with thug gang wanna be's.

The Eastern Shore Daily News also reported in the same email broadcast:

3/29/10 - Two Eastern Shore Men Arrested by DEA [size=-1]- Click here to print this information[/size]

According to an article in Saturday's Virginian Pilot by reporter Tim McGlone, an Eastern Shore auto shop owner and his "right-hand man" were arrested this week on federal charges of leading a large-scale cocaine and marijuana distribution ring.

The DEA said that Harry Byrd West, also known as "Kojak," and an associate, Terrance Durell Price, were responsible for distributing multiple pounds of cocaine, crack and marijuana throughout the Eastern Shore.

The investigation began when an informant told authorities that West was traveling to Florida, North Carolina and Delaware to obtain drugs, according to the court affidavit filed by DEA special agent Jack Faddis Jr. The investigation has been going on for about a year.

The informant also told agents that Price and West cooked cocaine into crack from West's auto shop, AA Auto, in Cheriton. The informant began making DEA-controlled drug purchases from the pair, and the transactions were captured on video and audio tape. The DEA also arranged multiple drug purchases from Price and West using different informants.

The DEA said it has also learned West was dealing drugs from a trailer in Capeville and a house in Machipongo. Another informant told agents West has been dealing for at least 10 years.

The Pilot's story reports that West made an initial appearance in U.S. District Court last Thursday and will return on Monday for a bond hearing. Price is expected to be brought to court next week.

AbNo

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
I guess that adds justification to why I OC to Food Lion.

I am curious what the rest of the story if it ever comes out.
Interesting. I haven't really been to Food Lion ever since that one manager in Florida was caught making illegal campaign contributions a few years ago.

Though I DID USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION*, and I found this....

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=33333&forum_id=54

beachpatriot13 wrote:
*****UPDATE***

with the aid of maverick2694i got intouch with the right people at foodlion.the loss perventionsuperviortold me that it is foodlions policy to abide by all state/local laws. He said that he will be making a phone call to have the sign removed and said it should be gone within ten days.:celebrate:celebrate

*This is a subtle hint for other forum goers. Subtle as I can be.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

Update:

3/30/10 - Shootout at the Chesapeake Square in Onley, Virginia [size=-1]- Click here to print this information[/size]

613123.jpg

According to Accomack County Sheriff Larry Giddens, on Saturday, March 27 at approximately 5:32 p.m., the Accomack County Sheriffs Office received information regarding shots fired at the Chesapeake Square Plaza in Onley. Further investigation revealed that multiple gunshots were fired by suspects traveling within the plaza. One person was struck by one of the bullets. The victim was taken from the scene by personal vehicle to the Wine Rack convenience store in Onley where he was transported by ambulance to a local hospital and later transferred to another medical facility. The victim is listed in stable condition. Damage to the Food Lion store can be seen in the photograph pictured.

Sheriff Giddens stated that the suspects fled the scene by vehicle prior to deputies arrival; however, two vehicles believed to have been involved in the crime have been confiscated by the Accomack County Sheriffs Office.

Sheriff Giddens also noted that this shootout occurred on a Saturday evening at a shopping plaza where there were many innocent bystanders. The Sheriff's office is seeking any witnesses who are interested in helping to solve this crime. Any available information regarding this crime may not only assist in the apprehension of suspects but may help eliminate any future incidents of this nature. Anyone with information concerning this crime is asked to contact the Accomack County Sheriffs Office at 787-1131 or 824-5666.

The Accomack County Sheriffs Office was assisted by the Virginia State Police, Onley Police Department and the Onancock Police Department.