Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Members from Baraboo and surrounding area.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Post imported post

I'd just like to see how many of us are from around the Baraboo/Sauk/Reedsburg area.

I see at least one of you is a "Bleach" fan by your avatar. I myself can't wait for adult swim on CN Saturday nights. (too late for me but my DVR takes care of it for me)

Maybe a get together sometime could be worked up as well.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

I have a place just west of Reedsburg, in Cazenovia.

Post imported post

hunter9mm wrote:
    I have a place just west of Reedsburg, in Cazenovia.
    Oh yeah, I forgot:

I used to live inReedsburg but now I live outin the boonies around Rock Springs.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

Yea, I'm about 28 miles almost due west of you

Post imported post

I live in Baraboo

Don

Post imported post

Looks like there are 3 of us around anyway.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

I'm pretty close to Baraboo.
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Post imported post

We should all get together and go OCing

Don

Post imported post

cowboyridn wrote:
    We should all get together and go OCing

Don
    Sounds good to me. But... Can you try to not get all of us arrested?

Post imported post

I'm from Baraboo. It's bad enough that we have the Baraboo police to worry about, but it's even worse that we have the Sauk county sheriff here to. I'm not 21 so they would harass me like crazy if they caught me OC'ing even though you don't have to be 21 to buy or own a handgun in wisconsin. I don't even have a holster for my USP and I really don't feel like buying one when I know it will get taken away from me. Where would we carry anyway? Downtown in front of the Barabo Police Department? I have an AR-15 that I could carry, but that would probably just draw even more attention. I don't know what to do maybe I could just tag along and carry my knife lol. And yes I do watch Bleach but my favorite anime is Cowboy Bebop.
    "Silence means death. Stand on your feet. Inner fear your worst enemy."

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

Hostile:

You CAN carry on any/all businesses unless they tell you not to.

Every Big Box Store, Local Convenience Store, Grocery Store, Hardware Store, Auto Parts Store.

You just need to remember the five(5) places (cars, bars, gov. buildings, state parks, school zones) you cannot carry today, and you will be fine.

They (LEO) won't seize your property because they don't want to fork over $10K or more.

The time to live in fear of LEO is over, the time to exercise our rights has arrived.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
    They (LEO) won't seize your property because they don't want to fork over $10K or more.
    Is there public evidence that the judgment against Racine, Nethery and Prince has been satisfied?

Post imported post

I registered specifically to post in this thread. I have never seen anyone in Baraboo OCing.

I would really like to start doing so, but despite knowing my rights, what concerns me more deeply is the LEOs that do not. As much as I would like to make a statement against ignorance of personal liberties, I do not want to do so at the expense of one of my guns. I can see the headlines now.

Even so, would love to start OCing around the area, if you guys have anything planned, keep me posted.

Post imported post

SIGdude wrote:
    I registered specifically to post in this thread. I have never seen anyone in Baraboo OCing.

I would really like to start doing so, but despite knowing my rights, what concerns me more deeply is the LEOs that do not. As much as I would like to make a statement against ignorance of personal liberties, I do not want to do so at the expense of one of my guns. I can see the headlines now.

Even so, would love to start OCing around the area, if you guys have anything planned, keep me posted.
    How does this weekend sound?

Post imported post

would have to run out and buy a cheap holster for it.

Been looking for 2 months for a havana brown belt holster that matches the rosewood on my 226 elite and won't scuff it to kingdom come.

Something about OCing a havana brown SHOULDER holster is very Miami Cool 80s throwback, but I somehow think that would be a little less than appropriate.

I'm at work most saturday nights, and always busy on sundays. Don't know what you would be planning, but my schedule is fairly restrictive in that regard, especially on short notice.

Post imported post

SIGdude wrote:
    would have to run out and buy a cheap holster for it.

Been looking for 2 months for a havana brown belt holster that matches the rosewood on my 226 elite and won't scuff it to kingdom come.

Something about OCing a havana brown SHOULDER holster is very Miami Cool 80s throwback, but I somehow think that would be a little less than appropriate.

I'm at work most saturday nights, and always busy on sundays. Don't know what you would be planning, but my schedule is fairly restrictive in that regard, especially on short notice.
    Pretty much any Friday-Sunday works for me, anytime. Let me know when you have the time and a holster.

Post imported post

Mlutz wrote:
    Pretty much any Friday-Sunday works for me, anytime. Let me know when you have the time and a holster.
    Will do. If you can point me in the direction of the kind of holster I'm looking for, that could expedite the process. Kind of leaning towards a GALCO, but they're around $100 for the kind I'm looking for.

Post imported post

I haven't been aroundthe forums againfor a while so I'm glad to see there are more members than I thought around the area.

I'd be interested in getting together at some point. Possibly the best thing would be just to meet each other first or have a little grill out on some private property so there aren't any worries; or annoyances.

As of late, I don't offen OCoff of my property; the only reason being that I have better things to do than be hastled by the local five-oh. When I get more things in order around my house and property, a little extra cash and free time, I'll probably do it more often again.

Anyway, I suggest we meet up and have a beer (not carrying of course!). I generally could use a beer around the end of the week.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

My brother lives in reedsburg and manages an apartment complex. Maybe after I recover from surgery we can get a bbq goin on the private property and spread the OC word. Will keep posted .
    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot"
    -Joe Deters, Hamilton County Prosecutor

Now I lay me down to sleep
    Beside my bed a Tuarus I keep
    If I awake to find you inside
    A coroner's van will be your next ride.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

It ain't that far of a drive, I hope you all can make the trek over to West Salem for Chicken on Sunday (May 16).

Banned

Post imported post

Yep. Hope to see you guys at the picnic on the 16th.

Post imported post

18 min east of B boo! Columbia County resident here.

Post imported post

Automotion is today, I will be there. Should be a good time. I plan to oc there too.

Post imported post

that is BOLD mlutz. I like it. I won't be attending sadly, work and all.

Post imported post

I live in Baraboo and have open carried off and on since maybe 03, but I really dont carry very often..

At first I was nervous as hell but dont think much of it anymore, when I first started carrying the Baraboo Police threatened me with disorderly conducts and literally asked me "why do you want to carry a gun?" Point was made that they can issue citations all they want, for any reason, even trying to modify human behavior. Now I am sure they sing a different tune, assuming they got the memo, and are following the law. The Sheriffs department was a totally different story, reminding me that I had a right to keep and bear arms etc etc, and that was in like 2003 well before the AG had to put out memos.

One thing everyone must be careful of in Baraboo, or all of Sauk County, open carry is not allowed in parks. It is a BAD ordinance and maybe we can all do something to change it, but they can do it because its no more harsh than the states law.. Maybe we can just repeal that ban on open carry in state parks and they would all have to follow suit.

Also, be sure to vote for Chip Meister in the upcoming election for Sheriff, he is a republican and a good guy.. Yes voting does make a difference..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast