• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Members from Baraboo and surrounding area.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'd just like to see how many of us are from around the Baraboo/Sauk/Reedsburg area.

I see at least one of you is a "Bleach" fan by your avatar. I myself can't wait for adult swim on CN Saturday nights. (too late for me but my DVR takes care of it for me)

Maybe a get together sometime could be worked up as well.

Mlutz

imported post

cowboyridn wrote:
We should all get together and go OCing

Don
Sounds good to me. But... Can you try to not get all of us arrested? :lol:

Hostilefreak

imported post

I'm from Baraboo. It's bad enough that we have the Baraboo police to worry about, but it's even worse that we have the Sauk county sheriff here to. I'm not 21 so they would harass me like crazy if they caught me OC'ing even though you don't have to be 21 to buy or own a handgun in wisconsin. I don't even have a holster for my USP and I really don't feel like buying one when I know it will get taken away from me. Where would we carry anyway? Downtown in front of the Barabo Police Department? I have an AR-15 that I could carry, but that would probably just draw even more attention. I don't know what to do maybe I could just tag along and carry my knife lol. And yes I do watch Bleach but my favorite anime is Cowboy Bebop.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hostile:

You CAN carry on any/all businesses unless they tell you not to.

Every Big Box Store, Local Convenience Store, Grocery Store, Hardware Store, Auto Parts Store.

You just need to remember the five(5) places (cars, bars, gov. buildings, state parks, school zones) you cannot carry today, and you will be fine.

They (LEO) won't seize your property because they don't want to fork over $10K or more.

The time to live in fear of LEO is over, the time to exercise our rights has arrived.

SIGdude

imported post

I registered specifically to post in this thread. I have never seen anyone in Baraboo OCing.

I would really like to start doing so, but despite knowing my rights, what concerns me more deeply is the LEOs that do not. As much as I would like to make a statement against ignorance of personal liberties, I do not want to do so at the expense of one of my guns. I can see the headlines now.

Even so, would love to start OCing around the area, if you guys have anything planned, keep me posted.

Mlutz

imported post

SIGdude wrote:
I registered specifically to post in this thread. I have never seen anyone in Baraboo OCing.

I would really like to start doing so, but despite knowing my rights, what concerns me more deeply is the LEOs that do not. As much as I would like to make a statement against ignorance of personal liberties, I do not want to do so at the expense of one of my guns. I can see the headlines now.

Even so, would love to start OCing around the area, if you guys have anything planned, keep me posted.
How does this weekend sound?

SIGdude

imported post

would have to run out and buy a cheap holster for it.

Been looking for 2 months for a havana brown belt holster that matches the rosewood on my 226 elite and won't scuff it to kingdom come.

Something about OCing a havana brown SHOULDER holster is very Miami Cool 80s throwback, but I somehow think that would be a little less than appropriate.

I'm at work most saturday nights, and always busy on sundays. Don't know what you would be planning, but my schedule is fairly restrictive in that regard, especially on short notice.

Mlutz

imported post

SIGdude wrote:
would have to run out and buy a cheap holster for it.

Been looking for 2 months for a havana brown belt holster that matches the rosewood on my 226 elite and won't scuff it to kingdom come.

Something about OCing a havana brown SHOULDER holster is very Miami Cool 80s throwback, but I somehow think that would be a little less than appropriate.

I'm at work most saturday nights, and always busy on sundays. Don't know what you would be planning, but my schedule is fairly restrictive in that regard, especially on short notice.
Pretty much any Friday-Sunday works for me, anytime. Let me know when you have the time and a holster.

SIGdude

imported post

Mlutz wrote:
Pretty much any Friday-Sunday works for me, anytime. Let me know when you have the time and a holster.
Will do. If you can point me in the direction of the kind of holster I'm looking for, that could expedite the process. Kind of leaning towards a GALCO, but they're around $100 for the kind I'm looking for.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I haven't been aroundthe forums againfor a while so I'm glad to see there are more members than I thought around the area.

I'd be interested in getting together at some point. Possibly the best thing would be just to meet each other first or have a little grill out on some private property so there aren't any worries; or annoyances.

As of late, I don't offen OCoff of my property; the only reason being that I have better things to do than be hastled by the local five-oh. When I get more things in order around my house and property, a little extra cash and free time, I'll probably do it more often again.

Anyway, I suggest we meet up and have a beer (not carrying of course!). I generally could use a beer around the end of the week. :D

iceman71

imported post

My brother lives in reedsburg and manages an apartment complex. Maybe after I recover from surgery we can get a bbq goin on the private property and spread the OC word. Will keep posted .

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It ain't that far of a drive, I hope you all can make the trek over to West Salem for Chicken on Sunday (May 16).