• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What to say when you know it's Over

Wheelgunner

imported post

Baby, we need to talk.

We have been going out together for a long time now. These times have been great and I will never forget them, but I need to tell you that I have met someone, someone else, and I have been seeing her on the side. In fact, I have put in an order for one.

It's not that I don't love you, I Do! Really. No one looks as good as you with your blue finish and your imposing barrel. No one can launch 210 grain Silvertips down range like you and reliability? Shot after shot you have always been there for me. Even at your age and weight, Baby you got it all.

And you know that I have always been faithful to you, upholding your honor, talking about your virtues, always carrying only you. Why just last week I got into a fuss on the Open Carry blog about the reliability of wheel guns over Semiautos.

But lately I have been thinking about the direction my life is going and who I really am and I have been thinking that I need more.

You see, I met this Semiauto...She is new and different, from her Obermyer R5 rifling to her 15 round magazine to her internal channel slide design. It not that I need 15 rounds! It's just that sometimes I feel that I need that reassurance, just in case. And her design is reliable, in fact the designers put a premium on reliability, carefully building her so that she would be as reliable as a revolver! (You know how I like reliability!) And her Grip! Wow, nothing I have ever held in my hand has felt like it....

Oh, you didn't want to hear that....sorry.

We will still see each other! I mean we will go in the woods together and guard the kids together at home. You know that I want only you to be the house gun, as you are so reliable and strong, even if my grip is bad or one of the kids needed you.

You will always be part of my life, the best part...

No, she is American. Completely! Not some foreign hussy with a plastic frame or Swiss name or strange proof stampings all over her. She is even in 10mm. It is not the looks, It's just me.

This won't happen at once, as she won't be delivered till late July, so we will still have the Spring to relive old times and if it doesn't work out, well I will have learned my lesson and be right back at your side!

Look Sweetie, I have made a place in the safe for you and the speedloaders. I promise I will visit from time to time, though our regular Thursdays I will be spending at the range with her and her magazines.

Also My name will be changed to "BrenTen".

Batousaii

imported post

Ows!:cry:

- hehe- very nice auto-lead dispenser. I too have a small harem, included a couple auto's. I love my Colt .45 auto, and my CZ-75B, as well as our two Ruger revolvers.

Congratzz;)

bat

Tomahawk

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
There was something...just...not right about that....:?

:D
I think it's because the antis talk about guns representing male genitalia that distorts the meaning of the OP. Think like an anti, then go back and read that again...ewwwww!

Norman

imported post

Well, I hope that she has recovered and you two can be polite to each other in front of the kids. Really that's who suffers in these kinds of....ok I just can't keep going on that line.

On a sidenote, that auto looks absolutely ginormous.

Bo

imported post

Okay, I have to ask (since I've not seen it talked about anywhere else) ---

What's the new incarnation of the Bren Ten going to cost me?

Wheelgunner

imported post

Bo wrote:
Okay, I have to ask (since I've not seen it talked about anywhere else) ---

What's the new incarnation of the Bren Ten going to cost me?

About 1200.oo Iron Men. They are limiting the production to about 1500 this year for the blued slide and stainless frame.

There is also a shorter version in 45 ACP.