• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Carry pleased to introduce our new board member

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Welcome to Joe.

It was very nice to meet him at the WCI meeting in Madison and I'm sure he will be a welcome and helpful addition to the board of directors.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WELCOME ABOARD JOE.

Question to Nik. What will Joe's duties be? Is he there to just represent the legal interests of Wisconsin Carry .org or is he on board to provide legal assistance to members of the organization?

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Hey Lammie,

Joe will be a resource for Wisconsin Carry. Wisconsin Carry is a resource for our members.

Right now John Monroe has been a fantastic resource for our organization but moving forward it was my belief that we would want to establish a good relationship with a reputable law-firm in Wisconsin. I don't think its going to be feasible to have John coming up from Atlanta every time someone gets unlawfully detained/harassed arrested and WCI decides to take legal action.

WCI intends to us an "all of the above" approach to advancing the carry-rights of law-abiding citizens in Wisconsin. Lawsuits are not the only method we will use to protect and advance the rights of our members but they are a significant part of our approach. Other facets include public awareness/public relations, legislative action/pressure and pretty much anything else that is within the law and provides results. But future lawsuits are part of our plan and we needed to establish a good relationship with a top-tier law-firm in Wisconsin.

Joe will be a resource for us as a board and for us as officers for advice on our matters as a non-profit as well as advice on legal action we may take in the future on behalf of our members.

Through some fortunate circumstances, I came to know Joe and between his personal convictions and his firms history of advocating the constitutional rights of citizens in Wisconsin, it was a great fit.

I anticipate that the professional relationship between WCI, Joe, and Joe's firm will provide a great value to WCI and our membership moving forward. I anticipate that Joe's firm may be retained by WCI for future lawsuits if and when they become necessary and that the relationship we will establish with Michael Best & Friedrich will get us a lot of "bang for our buck"

As evidenced by the first action Wisconsin Carry took of filing a federal lawsuit challenging the GFSZ and bringing 2 members into the suit as co-plaintiffs who had been unlawfully arrested and their property unlawfully seized, we intend to evaluate situations that arise in the future on a case by case basis, discuss with our legal resources those which our getting involved in would serve our mission. That mission being to preserve and expand the carry-rights of law-abiding Wisconsinites.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
Hey Lammie,

Joe will be a resource for Wisconsin Carry. Wisconsin Carry is a resource for our members.

Right now John Monroe has been a fantastic resource for our organization but moving forward it was my belief that we would want to establish a good relationship with a reputable law-firm in Wisconsin. I don't think its going to be feasible to have John coming up from Atlanta every time someone gets unlawfully detained/harassed arrested and WCI decides to take legal action.

WCI intends to us an "all of the above" approach to advancing the carry-rights of law-abiding citizens in Wisconsin. Lawsuits are not the only method we will use to protect and advance the rights of our members but they are a significant part of our approach. Other facets include public awareness/public relations, legislative action/pressure and pretty much anything else that is within the law and provides results. But future lawsuits are part of our plan and we needed to establish a good relationship with a top-tier law-firm in Wisconsin.

Joe will be a resource for us as a board and for us as officers for advice on our matters as a non-profit as well as advice on legal action we may take in the future on behalf of our members.

Through some fortunate circumstances, I came to know Joe and between his personal convictions and his firms history of advocating the constitutional rights of citizens in Wisconsin, it was a great fit.

I anticipate that the professional relationship between WCI, Joe, and Joe's firm will provide a great value to WCI and our membership moving forward. I anticipate that Joe's firm may be retained by WCI for future lawsuits if and when they become necessary and that the relationship we will establish with Michael Best & Friedrich will get us a lot of "bang for our buck"

As evidenced by the first action Wisconsin Carry took of filing a federal lawsuit challenging the GFSZ and bringing 2 members into the suit as co-plaintiffs who had been unlawfully arrested and their property unlawfully seized, we intend to evaluate situations that arise in the future on a case by case basis, discuss with our legal resources those which our getting involved in would serve our mission. That mission being to preserve and expand the carry-rights of law-abiding Wisconsinites.
awesome !!! sounds like a great fit.

M

McX

imported post

lawyer, right on, best bang for my buck in this whole damn country. does he have big fangs?:)

M

McX

imported post

you know boys, this is our club, we throw enough money into the kitty this could end up 1-800-get your cop butt off of me. wow, big wow, them boys in michigan got a solid club over there, and we could show them up!

P229Sig357DAK

imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
Joseph Louis Olson has joined the Board of Directors of Wisconsin Carry Inc. effective March 28, 2010.

Joe is a trial attorney and litigator with one of the Midwest's largest and most reputable law-firms.

ALL HAIL JOE :exclaim: