• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

island lake militia open carry picnic????

joe_robi

imported post

anyone here plan on going now that them other wacko wanna be militias were raided?
i was thinking of stopping in for a bit. me my mom and my dad

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

It will take a major event to keep me from this. All I can say is that I am very glad this recent activity was not indeed directed toward the SMVM. If it had, and indeed had been done so unconstitutionally, what exactly would we have done? Lack of coordination creates confusion. Confusion can be deadly. I realized yesterday just how much I do not know.

autosurgeon

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
It will take a major event to keep me from this. All I can say is that I am very glad this recent activity was not indeed directed toward the SMVM. If it had, and indeed had been done so unconstitutionally, what exactly would we have done? Lack of coordination creates confusion. Confusion can be deadly. I realized yesterday just how much I do not know.
I would agree with this. I of course have heard many things over the years about the MI Militia... most not that good. However I am beginning to realize that I have been misled.

G

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:
I would agree with this. I of course have heard many things over the years about the MI Militia... most not that good. However I am beginning to realize that I have been misled.
You are just now beginning to realize that you may have been misled?

What else do you think you may have been misled about?

Watch for the UFO.

G

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
joe_robi wrote:
anyone here plan on going now that them other wacko wanna be militias were raided?
Joe, here is the existing thread for the Island Lake OC Picnic.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/40364.html
There doesn't seem to be any indication of who is planning on attending the event in the link you provided.

As the official MOC Events Coordinator, do you have any other pertinent information as to who may be attending?

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

I'm hoping to go, but it depends on a few things. Part of my problem is I work 3rd shift, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights. This generally interferes with weekend activities of this sort. But I might make it. I'm just not sure at this point.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Joe, Don't let the fact that some have bashed this event from your decision to attend. Picnics are always fun, and with guns they are all the better.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
joe_robi wrote:
Joe, here is the existing thread for the Island Lake OC Picnic.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/40364.html
There doesn't seem to be any indication of who is planning on attending the event in the link you provided. Correct, that's why it isn't posted at MOC.

As the official MOC Events Coordinator, do you have any other pertinent information as to who may be attending? No.
I didn't bother posting the event due to the fact the thread went four pages of why can't we OC at the range, instead of, who's going and who is not. No big deal, you want it posted, just let me know in the next day or so.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
I didn't bother posting the event due to the fact the thread went four pages of why can't we OC at the range, instead of, who's going and who is not. No big deal, you want it posted, just let me know in the next day or so.
Given that the SMVM is the actual host, perhaps you should see if they have a sign-up or confirmation on their website. If so you could post an event thread ideally both here and on www.miopencarry.org with a link. Let us know!