• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

island lake militia open carry picnic????

SpringerXDacp

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
I didn't bother posting the event due to the fact the thread went four pages of why can't we OC at the range, instead of, who's going and who is not. No big deal, you want it posted, just let me know in the next day or so.
Given that the SMVM is the actual host, perhaps you should see if they have a sign-up or confirmation on their website. If so you could post an event thread ideally both here and on http://www.miopencarry.org with a link. Let us know!
I posted the event on MOC yesterday. The SMVM advertisement of their picnic is embedded.

LFB

imported post

I am glad to finally see a level headed conversation being discussed on our event!

I was hoping to get a link here for the event. I have organized another picnic in Wyandotte last year. We will be there from Friday night in the Organization campgrounds til Sunday Morning. The picnic itself will be at the Dodge Pavillion. Anyone is welcome to come.

So far we have heard that Local 7 Action news, Fox 2 News and many others will be there. We have a lot of media frenzy all year, but especially after the activities in Adrian.

We will have several tables of information set up, including our own group going to the Lansing 2A March.

I am sure the alphabets will be there too, they always come to our BIG EVENTS like this.

Jeff Kindy

LFB

Rifle Team Leader

SMVM

Michigander

imported post

Sadly I didn't make it, but I did hear Lee on NPR this morning, being interviewed either at or regarding the event. 100% positive coverage too.

:celebrate