Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: Get together with Rob McKenna

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    7

    Post imported post

    There was a suggestion that we extend an invitation to Rob McKenna to come to an Open Carry meeting. Rob would be pleased to come to one of the outings. I will be working with someone in his office to coordinate a date. I thought May or June? Do we want to combine the Justice Sanders appearance with Rob McKenna or do you want to do them in different months.

    Let me know.

    Wheelgungirl

  2. #2
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278

    Post imported post

    If this is true it would be pretty cool IMO...my family would surely be there.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  3. #3
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Post imported post

    OK, I changed my mind and I agree with FDMCH ( 2 threads down).

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Port Orchard, Washington, USA
    Posts
    897

    Post imported post

    I might actually drive to Olympia to shake his hand. Depending on time and location, I would like to be there.

  5. #5
    Regular Member FMCDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,043

    Post imported post

    I would vote for combining them, if both men were willing to share the event and the stage.

    They both deserve to be re-elected IMHO, and if we can help them at the same time, it might assist them, and OCDO members and their families to attend just one event instead of two.

    Plus, both of them in one event would draw more press.


  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA, ,
    Posts
    21

    Post imported post

    May or June is fine with me, I'll be there. Having both of them there would make quite a statement I would think

  7. #7
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA, ,
    Posts
    3,201

    Post imported post

    That would be awesome to meet McKenna in this fashion.

  8. #8
    Regular Member GreatWhiteLlama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bothell, Washington, USA
    Posts
    287

    Post imported post

    FMCDH wrote:
    I would vote for combining them, if both men were willing to share the event and the stage.

    They both deserve to be re-elected IMHO, and if we can help them at the same time, it might assist them, and OCDO members and their families to attend just one event instead of two.

    Plus, both of them in one event would draw more press.
    Oh Oh!!! *Waves hand wildly*

    This HAS to happen in Vancouver. We'll even invite the City Prosecutor and make it a trifecta of goodness
    "...our media are palace eunuchs gazing avidly at the harem of power and stroking their impotent pens in time to the rape of our liberties."
    -Sarah Hoyt

    "America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."
    -Claire Wolfe

  9. #9
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA, ,
    Posts
    3,201

    Post imported post

    AHHHAAAHHAAA!!! EPIC! I'd go down to vancouver for that!

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667

    Post imported post

    GreatWhiteLlama wrote:
    FMCDH wrote:
    I would vote for combining them, if both men were willing to share the event and the stage.

    They both deserve to be re-elected IMHO, and if we can help them at the same time, it might assist them, and OCDO members and their families to attend just one event instead of two.

    Plus, both of them in one event would draw more press.
    Oh Oh!!! *Waves hand wildly*

    This HAS to happen in Vancouver. We'll even invite the City Prosecutor and make it a trifecta of goodness
    Agreed
    Live Free or Die!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Richland, Washington, USA
    Posts
    387

    Post imported post

    That would definately make quite the publicity stunt. With that being said, I would love to come to an event like that.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Leatherneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, Washington, USA
    Posts
    281

    Post imported post

    Most definitely! Let us know what you come up with.

  13. #13
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA, ,
    Posts
    3,201

    Post imported post

    Assuming this is legit, Oly I would do. Vancouver I would also do!

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chandler, AZ/Federal Way, WA, ,
    Posts
    536

    Post imported post

    I would love to attend one, I come back to seattle on May 10th! So hopefully it happens after that.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, Washington, USA
    Posts
    119

    Post imported post

    Let me know how to help....this BS with Kirby has gotten me so PO'd and we really DO need to make a stand.

    We tried being nice as gun owners have done for decades and is the main reason we find ourselves in the positions we are in now. Not doing anything as his attorney requested sure didn't make any difference to the Prosecuting Attorney... I think he is trying to make a name for himself and show his peers in Seattle and other big cities how to deal with us activists!

    It would be great to get a big rally together, but how do the laws against groups of armed persons or guns at event come in to play.

    If we can get Justice Sandersand Rob McKenna down here, maybe we can see if Lars Larson will do a broadcast from the site as well.

    Gary

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    7

    Post imported post

    Thanks for the great response! I have given Rob McKenna's coordinator three dates in May, the 15th, 22nd, and 29th. Is there someone in the group that works with getting dates set up with the group?

  17. #17
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    WheelGunGirl wrote:
    Thanks for the great response! I have given Rob McKenna's coordinator three dates in May, the 15th, 22nd, and 29th. Is there someone in the group that works with getting dates set up with the group?
    Hope havinga meet with him in Vancouver doesnt leave him feeling like we used his name to achive something when the whole thing trying to get him to come was just to ask him some questions. Hate to see OC burn a bridge.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  18. #18
    Regular Member FMCDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,043

    Post imported post

    amzbrady wrote:
    WheelGunGirl wrote:
    Thanks for the great response! I have given Rob McKenna's coordinator three dates in May, the 15th, 22nd, and 29th. Is there someone in the group that works with getting dates set up with the group?
    Hope havinga meet with him in Vancouver doesnt leave him feeling like we used his name to achive something when the whole thing trying to get him to come was just to ask him some questions. Hate to see OC burn a bridge.
    Why is it again that people want to have this in Vancouver so bad? Is it because of the this Kirby case?

    If it is, we may want to wait on that due to new....issues, that have started to come to light.

    I think Seattle would be far more of a symbolic place to have the meet and greet.

    I say, leave it to the guests of honor.

  19. #19
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    FMCDH wrote:
    amzbrady wrote:
    WheelGunGirl wrote:
    Thanks for the great response! I have given Rob McKenna's coordinator three dates in May, the 15th, 22nd, and 29th. Is there someone in the group that works with getting dates set up with the group?
    Hope havinga meet with him in Vancouver doesnt leave him feeling like we used his name to achive something when the whole thing trying to get him to come was just to ask him some questions. Hate to see OC burn a bridge.
    Why is it again that people want to have this in Vancouver so bad? Is it because of the this Kirby case?

    If it is, we may want to wait on that due to new....issues, that have started to come to light.

    I think Seattle would be far more of a symbolic place to have the meet and greet.

    I say, leave it to the guests of honor.
    +1

    I think Going to Vancouver to OC is a splendid Idea, if you need something there or just want to browse around there. I think a group OC in Seattle would do a far greater justice. In fact a Family OC meet with our kids in public places doing what we normally do is the best show we can put on. You ever notice like when they show Deros on the news, people notice this because he is calm just doing what he normally does. He doesnt shout and rant about RCW's. All he does is state the fact that he has the right to OC and that is part of his everyday life. He doesnt bring others into his commentary he just states the obvious. That stands out as a good representation for us. The thing that sticks out against us was the OC'ers who were at the Brady Campaigners protest shouting at them. That hurt our image more than it helped. Just My Opinion.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,863

    Post imported post

    Would somebody puhleeze hook up with WheelGunGirl and work something out with her RE: a McKenna gthering?
    One of you guys has to assume the role of a coordinator.

  21. #21
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    Wheel gunner probably should, didnt he start the justice guy thing?
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    923

    Post imported post

    FMCDH wrote:
    Why is it again that people want to have this in Vancouver so bad? Is it because of the this Kirby case?

    If it is, we may want to wait on that due to new....issues, that have started to come to light.

    I think Seattle would be far more of a symbolic place to have the meet and greet.

    I say, leave it to the guests of honor.

    I agree

    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

  23. #23
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    Seattle is good. Central and lets not forget the problems with Mayor Micky. I would love to meet Rob he has been a tremendous asset to this state and to the cause of liberty in many ways.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  24. #24
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Post imported post

    Dave Workman wrote:
    Would somebody puhleeze hook up with WheelGunGirl and work something out with her RE: a McKenna gthering?
    One of you guys has to assume the role of a coordinator.
    Done

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    7

    Post imported post

    Thanks Guys!!

    :celebrate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •