• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Get together with Rob McKenna

WheelGunGirl

imported post

There was a suggestion that we extend an invitation to Rob McKenna to come to an Open Carry meeting. Rob would be pleased to come to one of the outings. I will be working with someone in his office to coordinate a date. I thought May or June? Do we want to combine the Justice Sanders appearance with Rob McKenna or do you want to do them in different months.

Let me know.

Wheelgungirl

FMCDH

imported post

I would vote for combining them, if both men were willing to share the event and the stage.

They both deserve to be re-elected IMHO, and if we can help them at the same time, it might assist them, and OCDO members and their families to attend just one event instead of two.

Plus, both of them in one event would draw more press.

VonKonig

imported post

May or June is fine with me, I'll be there. Having both of them there would make quite a statement I would think

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
I would vote for combining them, if both men were willing to share the event and the stage.

They both deserve to be re-elected IMHO, and if we can help them at the same time, it might assist them, and OCDO members and their families to attend just one event instead of two.

Oh Oh!!! *Waves hand wildly*

This HAS to happen in Vancouver. We'll even invite the City Prosecutor and make it a trifecta of goodness :D

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

GreatWhiteLlama wrote:
FMCDH wrote:

Oh Oh!!! *Waves hand wildly*

This HAS to happen in Vancouver. We'll even invite the City Prosecutor and make it a trifecta of goodness :D
Agreed :D

PoppaGary

imported post

Let me know how to help....this BS with Kirby has gotten me so PO'd and we really DO need to make a stand.

We tried being nice as gun owners have done for decades and is the main reason we find ourselves in the positions we are in now. Not doing anything as his attorney requested sure didn't make any difference to the Prosecuting Attorney... I think he is trying to make a name for himself and show his peers in Seattle and other big cities how to deal with us activists!

It would be great to get a big rally together, but how do the laws against groups of armed persons or guns at event come in to play.

If we can get Justice Sandersand Rob McKenna down here, maybe we can see if Lars Larson will do a broadcast from the site as well.

Gary

WheelGunGirl

imported post

Thanks for the great response! I have given Rob McKenna's coordinator three dates in May, the 15th, 22nd, and 29th. Is there someone in the group that works with getting dates set up with the group?

amzbrady

imported post

WheelGunGirl wrote:
Thanks for the great response! I have given Rob McKenna's coordinator three dates in May, the 15th, 22nd, and 29th. Is there someone in the group that works with getting dates set up with the group?
Hope havinga meet with him in Vancouver doesnt leave him feeling like we used his name to achive something when the whole thing trying to get him to come was just to ask him some questions. Hate to see OC burn a bridge.

FMCDH

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
WheelGunGirl wrote:
Hope havinga meet with him in Vancouver doesnt leave him feeling like we used his name to achive something when the whole thing trying to get him to come was just to ask him some questions. Hate to see OC burn a bridge.
Why is it again that people want to have this in Vancouver so bad? Is it because of the this Kirby case?

If it is, we may want to wait on that due to new....issues, that have started to come to light.

I think Seattle would be far more of a symbolic place to have the meet and greet.

I say, leave it to the guests of honor.

amzbrady

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
WheelGunGirl wrote:
Why is it again that people want to have this in Vancouver so bad? Is it because of the this Kirby case?

If it is, we may want to wait on that due to new....issues, that have started to come to light.

I think Seattle would be far more of a symbolic place to have the meet and greet.

I say, leave it to the guests of honor.

+1

I think Going to Vancouver to OC is a splendid Idea, if you need something there or just want to browse around there. I think a group OC in Seattle would do a far greater justice. In fact a Family OC meet with our kids in public places doing what we normally do is the best show we can put on. You ever notice like when they show Deros on the news, people notice this because he is calm just doing what he normally does. He doesnt shout and rant about RCW's. All he does is state the fact that he has the right to OC and that is part of his everyday life. He doesnt bring others into his commentary he just states the obvious. That stands out as a good representation for us. The thing that sticks out against us was the OC'ers who were at the Brady Campaigners protest shouting at them. That hurt our image more than it helped. Just My Opinion.

Dave Workman

imported post

Would somebody puhleeze hook up with WheelGunGirl and work something out with her RE: a McKenna gthering?
One of you guys has to assume the role of a coordinator.