• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't equate average gun owners with Michigan suspects

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That would depend upon my personal analysis of the aggressiveness of his offense.

Now, since I am not a court I will assume guilt unless I know innocence to be the truth.

So, my question will be: Assuming he is guilty, is it a crime for which this man deserves to be in jail?

Aggression is, of course, the crucial issue.

Someone who is accused of intended to initiate violence against innocents in the name of "revolution" or religion or what have you: No. I won't shelter them. I will evict them at gunpoint, if not seek law enforcement myself.

Someone who is accused of having a prohibited possession? Well, I might not want that possession on my property where I might be found criminally liable for its presence, I would do nothing to help official injustice sink its talons into him. I might assist him, if the circumstances were right.

Dave Workman

imported post

Doug:

Poor people can run just as far and fast as those with money.

Ted Bundy broke jail in Colorado without a penny, and he made it all the way to Florida. Everyone knows the rest of that story.

Maurice Clemmons was broke, but after he shot four police officers to death in Lakewood last year, he was helped by several people until his luck ran out. The people who helped him are in jail, and they are in deep $#!+

The Michigan suspects could run, and there would be people who would hide them out.

I wold not suggest being one of them. A fugitive is a fugitive. Best to argue your case in court, and if somebody's going to jail, it's not going to be me for harboring a fugitive.

Suppose an Earth First! fugitive fell across your threshold. What attributes would he have to have in order for anyone here to shelter him?

:uhoh: ;)