• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Universal Gun Care

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2010/03/the_shocking_truth_about_a_fun.html
March 22, 2010

The shocking truth about a fundamental right being denied to 55% of citizens
M Allen Fritsch

There is a fundamental right being denied 55% of all Americans. This denial costs over 16,000 lives per year, meaning more than 44 of our fellow Americans will die every day that we delay. What should be done in light of these shocking figures?
Using the example set by President Obama and the Congressional Democrats, there is only one answer: Universal Gun Care for every American. Surely a right outlined in the Bill of Rights (2d Amendment) is just as important as a right NOT found the Constitution (Health Care)........

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I want to draw attention to this particular author. This author is a minority I believe as his daughter is Lisa Fritsch. I have always said thatself defenseis most important to minorities, women, gays and lesbians and others that are targets of harassment.

FMCDH

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
I want to draw attention to this particular author. This author is a minority I believe as his daughter is Lisa Fritsch. I have always said thatself defenseis most important to minorities, women, gays and lesbians and others that are targets of harassment.
+1

brianstone1985

imported post

Good article.

I don't think minorities need to worry about self defense more than your Caucasian citizen would. I don't think it matters if your black, white, Asian, gay, straight whatever... Bad things happen to anyone. Importance of self defense is for everyone.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

brianstone1985 wrote:
Good article.

I don't think minorities need to worry about self defense more than your Caucasian citizen would. I don't think it matters if your black, white, Asian, gay, straight whatever... Bad things happen to anyone. Importance of self defense is for everyone.
Self Defense is important to everyone, yes, but being a member of a "minority group" by itself can cause violence to be committed against them, or being a member of the majority in a "minority" area at the wrong time of night.

erps

imported post

If the left think they can mandate that people buy health insurance under the guise of the commerce clause, couldn't the federal government mandate that all citizens purchase firearms for the common good of the nation as well?

Machoduck

imported post

After all, we have to help the President in his organizing attempts to lower health care costs. We simply must go out and do what we can to lower costs. At the top of my list is: Reduce ER costs of treating attack victims. It is a well known fact that guns, even if not used (shot) can prevent the expensive trip to ER. Guns are a cheap solution to the cost of ER visits.

MD

kparker

imported post

I'm just wondering if, in the current political environment, there's any chance Washington might pass a one-handgun-a-month law like they have in some other places. You see, with the current economic uncertainty and all, I've fallen a bit behind, and having the state encourage me would be a helpful thing.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kparker wrote:
I'm just wondering if, in the current political environment, there's any chance Washington might pass a one-handgun-a-month law like they have in some other places. You see, with the current economic uncertainty and all, I've fallen a bit behind, and having the state encourage me would be a helpful thing.

I supposed they could, but I think I would go broke if they required me to buy one new handgun every month!

I wouldn't have enough cash left for Ammo!

joshcdc

imported post

reminds me of the guy in vermont who wanted to register NON gun owners, since they couldn't help defend the nation.

Dave_pro2a

imported post

Will you include all free citizens in this coverage?

That means every convicted felon who has served his or her full sentence, and is not on probation or parole.