• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

pink pistol march in annual SF Gay pride parade

nicki

imported post

Okay guys,

San Fran has school zones all over, actual UOC will cause problems. The rules of the parade say no wapons, so it will have to be empty holsters.

Of course we can have signs etc and we can have our chants.
Last year we had a small group and only a few hecklers.

This parade will pribably happen the weekend right after the MacDonald ruling, timing couldn't be better.

Just paid the fees, but will need help in other ways, especially from peop,e who are in San Fran or close by.

The Pink Pistols appreciates support from outside the gay community.

Making alliances outside the gay community is something that the so called gay ?eadders advocate although I honestly donMt think that the Pink Pistols aligning up with gun groups across the country was exactly what they had in mind.

Last year we had a small group, this year I would like to see 100 plus marching for gun rights.

You got 100 people to sbow for pizza, this forum, the people here really do rock.

The most pressing issue we have is getting enough safety monitors, we need 1 per 5 marchers.

Becoming a safety monitor requires attending a 2 hour class prior to the march.

A RPecent showing by us will demoralize our opponents.

The SAF is holding their annual GRPC in burlingame this year. Running pro gun marches and rallies in San Fran is bringing the fight directly to the enemy.

Let's put them on defense in their home turf.

The big issue to making this happen is we need enogh safety monitors, we have to have 1 monitor per 5 marchers. Becoming a monitor means attending a 2 hour class prior to the march.

Symbollically our presence will demoral

wewd

imported post

Instead of empty holsters, might I suggest carrying cast-resin replica guns painted bright pink? Get one of the "Blue Guns" and a rattle can of hot pink paint. Would be 100% legal.

12556. (a) No person may openly display or expose any imitation
firearm, as defined in Section 12550, in a public place.

(d) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to the following, when the
imitation firearm is:

(13) A device where the entire exterior surface of the device is
white, bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright
blue, bright pink, or bright purple, either singly or as the
predominant color in combination with other colors in any pattern, or
where the entire device is constructed of transparent or translucent
materials which permits unmistakable observation of the device's
complete contents. Merely having an orange tip as provided in
federal law and regulations does not satisfy this requirement. The
entire surface must be colored or transparent or translucent.

Gundude

imported post

nicki wrote:
Okay guys,

San Fran has school zones all over, actual UOC will cause problems. The rules of the parade say no wapons, so it will have to be empty holsters.

Of course we can have signs etc and we can have our chants.
Last year we had a small group and only a few hecklers.

This parade will pribably happen the weekend right after the MacDonald ruling, timing couldn't be better.

Just paid the fees, but will need help in other ways, especially from peop,e who are in San Fran or close by.

The Pink Pistols appreciates support from outside the gay community.

Making alliances outside the gay community is something that the so called gay ?eadders advocate although I honestly donMt think that the Pink Pistols aligning up with gun groups across the country was exactly what they had in mind.

Last year we had a small group, this year I would like to see 100 plus marching for gun rights.

You got 100 people to sbow for pizza, this forum, the people here really do rock.

The most pressing issue we have is getting enough safety monitors, we need 1 per 5 marchers.

Becoming a safety monitor requires attending a 2 hour class prior to the march.

A RPecent showing by us will demoralize our opponents.

The SAF is holding their annual GRPC in burlingame this year. Running pro gun marches and rallies in San Fran is bringing the fight directly to the enemy.

Let's put them on defense in their home turf.

The big issue to making this happen is we need enogh safety monitors, we have to have 1 monitor per 5 marchers. Becoming a monitor means attending a 2 hour class prior to the march.

Symbollically our presence will demoral
Whats with this statement? (in red) You want a gun group to align with you but you won't align with a gun group. I've lived through the 50's and60's and I don't want to ride in the back of your bus. I'll take another form of transportation.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gundude wrote:
Whats with this statement? (in red) You want a gun group to align with you but you won't align with a gun group. I've lived through the 50's and 60's and I don't want to ride in the back of your bus. I'll take another form of transportation.
Confirmation bias is evident in your non sequitur response.

Nicky was indicating that the "gay leaders" might not have had a Pink Pistols-OC alliance in mind when they advocated making alliances outside the "gay community", but that's exactly the kind of alliance they should get.

Reading comprehension FTMFW.

nicki

imported post

.Guys,

When the pink pistols came into existence many gay leaders in places like SF couldn't believe gays could be gun owners, much less actually support armed defense.

Many gays are in the closet about being gun owners, it is worse than being a republican, especially in a bastion of political correctness like SF.

Conversely, you leave SF and you can have civil discussions and what I notice is doors open.

Our presence was actually well received last year by the spectators which will piss off the anti gun forces even more in SF.

Last year we had a nice sunny day, it was a fun march. Of course last year we marched behind a marijuana contigent whose cars we emitting large amounts of exhaust from the passenger compartments, didn't smell like car exhaust btw

brad9point0

imported post

nicki wrote:
.Guys,

When the pink pistols came into existence many gay leaders in places like SF couldn't believe gays could be gun owners, much less actually support armed defense.

Many gays are in the closet about being gun owners, it is worse than being a republican, especially in a bastion of political correctness like SF.

Conversely, you leave SF and you can have civil discussions and what I notice is doors open.

I can agree. As a gay republican gun owner and firearms instructor it is far from easy to garner acceptance in the gay community or with the libs. I am who I am and I dont follow stereotypes =D im 100% up for this! As much as I hate the parade this will be a good part of it :celebrate

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nicki wrote:
Last year we had a nice sunny day, it was a fun march. Of course last year we marched behind a marijuana contigent whose cars we emitting large amounts of exhaust from the passenger compartments, didn't smell like car exhaust btw
We should get them on board too.

Did y'all hear about whats happened and happening to Steve Sarich? He's a member here.

Wc

imported post

P.S. Don't forget to call Assembly Member Saldaña to join you since it is parts of your background, isn't it:question:

dirtykoala

imported post

Wc wrote:
P.S. Don't forget to call Assembly Member Saldaña to join you since it is parts of your background, isn't it:question:

how do you have a postscript without a "fore"script?

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I'll do my best to be there. Even though I'm not sure I like the gay pride parade (just as I wouldn't be fond of a "straight pride" or "white pride" parade)... I'd really like to build a bond with the GLBT gun-toters out there. I can only imagine that they need our support at least as much as we need theirs.

I like the idea of pink replicas, but not sure it's a practical use of funds... might be up to each person to decide if they're willing to fork out the money for a replica. I'm sure Pink Pistols has better things to spend their funds on.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
I like the idea of pink replicas, but not sure it's a practical use of funds... might be up to each person to decide if they're willing to fork out the money for a replica. I'm sure Pink Pistols has better things to spend their funds on.
The replica guns are like $40.

I'm still kind of inclined to invest in one. Heck, it could still even be used for training, as long as I'm not too embarrassed by the color. :lol:

1245A Defender

imported post

a cardboard cutout with pink paint would cost nothing, and send the message!!

when i sailed alone in mexico i had a cardboard cutout M-16 with gernade launcher painted black!
i had to bring it out once for some pirate types!!! they went away,,iiimmmedeatly!!!

Superlite27

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:

when i sailed alone in mexico i had a cardboard cutout M-16 with gernade launcher painted black!
i had to bring it out once for some pirate types!!! they went away,,iiimmmedeatly!!!

Good thing they didn't call your bluff! You couldn't have evenshot styrofoam peanuts back at them!

I support the pink pistols 100%. EVERYONE deserves the right to effectively protect their own life in an effective manner regardless of race, religion, orientation, or anything else that makes each individual unique.

Hey Nicki,

Since I am a considerable distance from SF, are their any "chapters" or groups accross the nation, or is this just a Cali or SF thing?

What the heck is a "safety monitor"? Is this someone who watches out for pot-holes while you're holding a sign in front of your face?

I like the painted faux guns. If pink plastic guns are acceptable, what would be wrong with realisticly painted plastic guns?

1245A Defender

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:

Good thing they didn't call your bluff! You couldn't have evenshot styrofoam peanuts back at them!

I like the painted faux guns. If pink plastic guns are acceptable, what would be wrong with realisticly painted plastic guns?
read 12556 quoted above!!!

dirtykoala

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:

I support the pink pistols 100%. EVERYONE deserves the right to effectively protect their own life in an effective manner regardless of race, religion, orientation, or anything else that makes each individual unique.

Hey Nicki,

Since I am a considerable distance from SF, are their any "chapters" or groups accross the nation, or is this just a Cali or SF thing?

What the heck is a "safety monitor"? Is this someone who watches out for pot-holes while you're holding a sign in front of your face?

read the second post in this thread.

Decoligny

imported post

marshaul wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:

I'm still kind of inclined to invest in one. Heck, it could still even be used for training, as long as I'm not too embarrassed by the color. :lol:
Go with a latex paint, and remove it later.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Decoligny wrote:
marshaul wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:

Go with a latex paint, and remove it later.
I thought about that, but it seems like kind of a pain. Still, good point.