• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spray Painting your Magazines

ProtectedByGlock

imported post

I understand where you are coming from that point of view. But IMHO I do not think that you are going to be perceived as a commando/look at me I can kill 20 people if I want. I am just saying that you will not be wearing BDU's or a Sherriff's department shirt or bringing attention to yourself with your clothing. That will make people think differently if you wear camo,Bdu's, combat boots.... Wearing a anti-goverment t-shirt is not gonna happen. I feel if you wear professional clothing, slacks, dress shirt, etc. That everything will be o.k. Look for a mag holster that covers more of the frame of the mag. There is nothing wrong with being cautious but I really do not think the average person will judge you due to extra magazines, I would feel safer to know that you are prepared to defend yourself or even me if case all hell breaks loose. Take care my friend, G30

cmdr_iceman71

imported post

ProtectedByGlock wrote:
I understand where you are coming from that point of view. But IMHO I do not think that you are going to be perceived as a commando/look at me I can kill 20 people if I want. I am just saying that you will not be wearing BDU's or a Sherriff's department shirt or bringing attention to yourself with your clothing. That will make people think differently if you wear camo,Bdu's, combat boots.... Wearing a anti-goverment t-shirt is not gonna happen. I feel if you wear professional clothing, slacks, dress shirt, etc. That everything will be o.k. Look for a mag holster that covers more of the frame of the mag. There is nothing wrong with being cautious but I really do not think the average person will judge you due to extra magazines, I would feel safer to know that you are prepared to defend yourself or even me if case all hell breaks loose. Take care my friend, G30

Yeah that's what I wear all the time anyway when I'm not in uniform, dress slacks and a collared casual or dress shirt with the appropriate shoes; so long before I began carrying I wasoften asked if I was a cop. lol

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I don't see the point of trying to hide extra magazines if you are open carrying. I typically carry an extra magazine when I carry one of my 1911s. I figure if no one ever questions or cares about my gun then why would they care about an extra mag. Besides you should be able to explain to people why you carry a firearm as well as why you would need an extra magazine (magazine failure, etc...) so it really is a non-issue in my opinion.

Deathwing_Kingstar

imported post

i dont recommend painting an mags whatsoever due to the fact that the coatings on them are made to a certain specification so that the mag may enter the mag well without restrictions. paints add layers, layers add depth, extra depth into a specific machined mag well...doesn't add up too well.