• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

oc gun

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

A watergun.

You asking the wrong question.

Guns don't attach themselves to you...a holster does that..

Unless of course you want a gun with a key to it...you know in case someone takes it they need the key to unlock it and fire it...;)

antispam540

imported post

erich_kopp wrote:
What is the idealweapon to opencarry? safest and most secure firearm in case somebody tries to take it>
You're looking for a holster, not a gun. I use a BlackHawk level 2 Serpa holster - it's got a latch that holds your gun in until you put your finger along the barrel to draw.

Vandal

imported post

erich_kopp wrote:
What is the ideal weapon to opencarry? safest and most secure firearm in case somebody tries to take it> 

Warning: Smartassery about to occur!

I will go point for point.
1. Baseball bat, I prefer aluminum for that TING! sound you get as it bounces off of someone's skull.

2. Anything with a thumb safety, the bangers don't know how to use them.

Reality is what ever you can carry and use effectively regardless of caliber. Safety and security begin with you, the owner, and which holster you choose to carry your firearm in. For OC I use a BlackHawk Serpa Lvl 2. There are many types of level 2 and 3 holsters out there from a wide variety of makers.

jbone

imported post

I would only add if you hit a few meets you can hear and see firsthand the pro & cons of what others like and dislike. May help in your decision in what you think will best suit your needs, comfort and are comfortable carrying and in which fashion.