Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little much...I KNOW...but is it legal?

Post imported post

Nothing stupid PLEASE...Cited laws or a "Yes" or "No"...lol

Thanx!

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

Im gonna guess "NO"...but hey, ya never know...ill watch this thread, might learn something lol
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

Assuming you can legally carry the guns in the first place. the question of "how many guns can i carry" is exactly that.

How many guns can you carry? I knew a someone who carried 3 derringers, 1 full size, and 2 ultracompact. As well as a 10inch blackhawk in 44 in his vehicle/on his person. Practical? not really...

As per your request: Yes

Post imported post

I don't have the email anymore, but I had asked this question of Sgt. Deasy of the MSP in Lansing.

There is no limit as to how many guns you carry. Other than your physical capabilities.

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    I don't have the email anymore, but I had asked this question of Sgt. Deasy of the MSP in Lansing.

There is no limit as to how many guns you carry. Other than your physical capabilities.
    Or as i like to say....How many guns can you carry?

Post imported post

Patriot 5.45 wrote:
    Nothing stupid PLEASE...Cited laws or a "Yes" or "No"...lol

Thanx!
    Western style rig?

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

As everyone else has stated, YES you can carry more than ONE firearm both OC/CC.

UNLESS you come to Wayne County, where Kim Worthy will have you charged with violating the CPL law if you do it CC, since she seems to think that your CPL permission slip only allows you to CC ONE firearm. Wayne County will be a safer place without her...

Post imported post

THway wrote:
    WARCHILD wrote:

As everyone else has stated, YES you can carry more than ONE firearm both OC/CC.

UNLESS you come to Wayne County, where Kim Worthy will have you charged with violating the CPL law if you do it CC, since she seems to think that your CPL permission slip only allows you to CC ONE firearm. Wayne County will be a safer place without her...
    Are you serious? Please tell me youre being facetious? Has Worthy actually charged and successfully prosecuted someone with violating their CPL because they were CCing more than one firearm in Wayne County?
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." - President George Washington

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine

Post imported post

There was a guy who came to an OC picnic last summer wearing a shoulder holster with dual 1911s. It looked pretty neat.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

cmdr_iceman71 wrote:
    THway wrote:
    WARCHILD wrote:

Are you serious? Please tell me youre being facetious? Has Worthy actually charged and successfully prosecuted someone with violating their CPL because they were CCing more than one firearm in Wayne County?
    I wish he was kidding. We have heard of other LEOs and prosecutors that have said the same thing. They feel it is a PISTOL (singular) license and you can only carry one concealed and one loaded in your vehicle.

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

cmdr_iceman71 wrote:
    THway wrote:
    WARCHILD wrote:

Are you serious? Please tell me you're being facetious? Has Worthy actually charged and successfully prosecuted someone with violating their CPL because they were CCing more than one firearm in Wayne County?
    Like Venator said, it be true...

They have charged citizens for this, however NO ONE has been successfully prosecuted/convicted.... YET.

The sooner Kim Worthy screws up and is fired, or replaced the safer we will all be here. Her anti self-preservation is upsetting to alot of Wayne County residents. The only reason she is still around is due to the fact that she is "attempting" to rid the city of Detroit from "corrupt" officials. Which is relatively funny, since she herself is just as corrupt as those she is ousting...

Post imported post

I heard a lawyer try to say that at an moc cpl class but ven told him to cite it

Post imported post

cabman1 wrote:
    I heard a lawyer try to say that at an moc cpl class but ven told him to cite it
    HAHAHA I can imagine he did say that... and Ven require a Cite :what:
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    I wish he was kidding. We have heard of other LEOs and prosecutors that have said the same thing. They feel it is a PISTOL (singular) license and you can only carry one concealed and one loaded in your vehicle.
    I consider Detroit to be a 2 gun minimum. Kim Worthy would be rather upset with me.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Banned

Post imported post

So that could mean only one thing, "were not worthy".

I guess the Back Up Gun really BUGs some people

ok Ill stop now...

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    I consider Detroit to be a 2 gun minimum. Kim Worthy would be rather upset with me.
    Ha, that was good!

Post imported post

There is no Michigan law that says you cannot carry more then one pistol. Therefore, carry as many as you please.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    I couldnt agree with youmore Michiganderthat Detroitshould beconsidereda two gun minimum city especially ifa person isgoing to open carry.

(For the time being) Thank God we still live in a country wherepolice must upholdthe rule of law instead of rule by fiat of some governmental agency or person.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." - President George Washington

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Back in 2004, I wrote the Attorney General's office, below is the response I received.

Dear Mr. Lowe:

The Attorney General has asked me to respond to your e-mail requesting
    an opinion on the question of how many pistols an individual who
    possesses a valid concealed pistol license, issued in accordance with
    the Concealed Pistol Licensing Act (CPLA), MCL 28.421 et seq, may
    simultaneously carry. We must respectfully decline to provide the
    opinion you have requested.

By statute, it is the duty of the Attorney General "to give his opinion
    upon all questions of law submitted to him by the legislature or either
    branch thereof, or by the governor . . . or any other state officer."
    MCL 14.32. Since private citizens are not included in the statute as
    among those who may request an Attorney General opinion, we are not
    authorized to give the opinion you have requested.

In an attempt to be helpful, we have researched previous Attorney
    General opinions to identify any that may answer your specific question
    or otherwise assist you. Our research disclosed no opinion that would
    answer your question. Nevertheless, our Criminal Division has been
    called upon to provide informal guidance on this question in the past
    and has
    consistently advised citizens that the CPLA authorizes an
    individual, who is properly licensed under the Act to carry a concealed
    pistol, to simultaneously carry more than one pistol.

I hope this information is helpful.

Carol L. Isaacs
    Chief Deputy Attorney General
    Just to clarify, I wasn't asking for an "official opinion" but that's apparently how they took it.

Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Post imported post

here, among other reasons, is why it is legal

8.3b Singular and plural; gender. Sec. 3b. Every word importing the singular number only may extend to and embrace the plural number, and every word importing the plural number may be applied and limited to the singular number. Every word importing the masculine gender only may extend and be applied to females as well as males.
    This applies to all MCL's

here is the link:

http://legislature.mi.gov/%28S%28zv5...20AND%20plural

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

THway wrote:
    WARCHILD wrote:

Yeah, but she does have a hard-on for the Kwamester and that is def. a good thing. :celebrate

I finally!! took my ccw class this past weekend and the Detroit cop that taught us confirmed it didnt apply to just 1 handgun. I was talking to a Troy officer I work with from time to time (I'm EMS) and he was telling me about one guy recently cc'ing at tgif's with 5 handguns :shock: 2 shoulder, 2 hip and 1 ankle. He had a cpl but the manager had noticed one of the guns and called the cops. PD asked the guy to leave or he'd be cited for trespassing even though he was legal simply because the manager freaked.

Post imported post

Sail Man wrote:
    THway wrote:
    WARCHILD wrote:

Yeah, but she does have a hard-on for the Kwamester and that is def. a good thing. :celebrate

I finally!! took my ccw class this past weekend and the Detroit cop that taught us confirmed it didnt apply to just 1 handgun. I was talking to a Troy officer I work with from time to time (I'm EMS) and he was telling me about one guy recently cc'ing at tgif's with 5 handguns :shock: 2 shoulder, 2 hip and 1 ankle. He had a cpl but the manager had noticed one of the guns and called the cops. PD asked the guy to leave or he'd be cited for trespassing even though he was legal simply because the manager freaked.
    Five?!?!? Sheesh. I mean, I can see 2 as viable, but 5? Sounds to me like the guy has some reliability issues.

Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Post imported post

I so wanna get two ole Ruger Vaquero's one on each side.

Post imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
    Sail Man wrote:
    THway wrote:
    WARCHILD wrote:

Five?!?!? Sheesh. I mean, I can see 2 as viable, but 5? Sounds to me like the guy has some reliability issues.
    I didn't see where he mentioned Taurus.

The fastest reload is a back up.

[line]Watch for the UFO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast