• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A little much...I KNOW...but is it legal?

BreakingTheMold

imported post

Assuming you can legally carry the guns in the first place. the question of "how many guns can i carry" is exactly that.

How many guns can you carry? I knew a someone who carried 3 derringers, 1 full size, and 2 ultracompact. As well as a 10inch blackhawk in 44 in his vehicle/on his person. Practical? not really...

As per your request: Yes

WARCHILD

imported post

I don't have the email anymore, but I had asked this question of Sgt. Deasy of the MSP in Lansing.

There is no limit as to how many guns you carry. Other than your physical capabilities.

BreakingTheMold

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
I don't have the email anymore, but I had asked this question of Sgt. Deasy of the MSP in Lansing.

There is no limit as to how many guns you carry. Other than your physical capabilities.

Or as i like to say....How many guns can you carry? :monkey

THway

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

As everyone else has stated, YES you can carry more than ONE firearm both OC/CC.

UNLESS you come to Wayne County, where Kim Worthy will have you charged with violating the CPL law if you do it CC, since she seems to think that your CPL permission slip only allows you to CC ONE firearm. Wayne County will be a safer place without her...

cmdr_iceman71

imported post

THway wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

As everyone else has stated, YES you can carry more than ONE firearm both OC/CC.

UNLESS you come to Wayne County, where Kim Worthy will have you charged with violating the CPL law if you do it CC, since she seems to think that your CPL permission slip only allows you to CC ONE firearm. Wayne County will be a safer place without her...

Are you serious? Please tell me youre being facetious? Has Worthy actually charged and successfully prosecuted someone with violating their CPL because they were CCing more than one firearm in Wayne County?

EM87

imported post

There was a guy who came to an OC picnic last summer wearing a shoulder holster with dual 1911s. It looked pretty neat.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

cmdr_iceman71 wrote:
THway wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

Are you serious? Please tell me youre being facetious? Has Worthy actually charged and successfully prosecuted someone with violating their CPL because they were CCing more than one firearm in Wayne County?
I wish he was kidding. We have heard of other LEOs and prosecutors that have said the same thing. They feel it is a PISTOL (singular) license and you can only carry one concealed and one loaded in your vehicle.

THway

imported post

cmdr_iceman71 wrote:
THway wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

Are you serious? Please tell me you're being facetious? Has Worthy actually charged and successfully prosecuted someone with violating their CPL because they were CCing more than one firearm in Wayne County?

Like Venator said, it be true...

They have charged citizens for this, however NO ONE has been successfully prosecuted/convicted.... YET.

The sooner Kim Worthy screws up and is fired, or replaced the safer we will all be here. Her anti self-preservation is upsetting to alot of Wayne County residents. The only reason she is still around is due to the fact that she is "attempting" to rid the city of Detroit from "corrupt" officials. Which is relatively funny, since she herself is just as corrupt as those she is ousting...

Michigander

imported post

Venator wrote:
I wish he was kidding. We have heard of other LEOs and prosecutors that have said the same thing. They feel it is a PISTOL (singular) license and you can only carry one concealed and one loaded in your vehicle.
I consider Detroit to be a 2 gun minimum. Kim Worthy would be rather upset with me. :uhoh:

wolverine1856

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Venator wrote:
I consider Detroit to be a 2 gun minimum. Kim Worthy would be rather upset with me. :uhoh:
Ha, that was good!

cmdr_iceman71

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Venator wrote:

I couldnt agree with youmore Michiganderthat Detroitshould beconsidereda two gun minimum city :lol: especially ifa person isgoing to open carry.

(For the time being) Thank God we still live in a country wherepolice must upholdthe rule of law instead of rule by fiat of some governmental agency or person.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Back in 2004, I wrote the Attorney General's office, below is the response I received.

Dear Mr. Lowe:

The Attorney General has asked me to respond to your e-mail requesting
an opinion on the question of how many pistols an individual who
possesses a valid concealed pistol license, issued in accordance with
the Concealed Pistol Licensing Act (CPLA), MCL 28.421 et seq, may
simultaneously carry. We must respectfully decline to provide the
opinion you have requested.

By statute, it is the duty of the Attorney General "to give his opinion
upon all questions of law submitted to him by the legislature or either
branch thereof, or by the governor . . . or any other state officer."
MCL 14.32. Since private citizens are not included in the statute as
among those who may request an Attorney General opinion, we are not
authorized to give the opinion you have requested.

In an attempt to be helpful, we have researched previous Attorney
General opinions to identify any that may answer your specific question
or otherwise assist you. Our research disclosed no opinion that would
answer your question. Nevertheless, our Criminal Division has been
called upon to provide informal guidance on this question in the past
and has
consistently advised citizens that the CPLA authorizes an
individual, who is properly licensed under the Act to carry a concealed
pistol, to simultaneously carry more than one pistol.

I hope this information is helpful.

Carol L. Isaacs
Chief Deputy Attorney General
Just to clarify, I wasn't asking for an "official opinion" but that's apparently how they took it.

lapeer20m

imported post

here, among other reasons, is why it is legal

8.3b Singular and plural; gender. Sec. 3b. Every word importing the singular number only may extend to and embrace the plural number, and every word importing the plural number may be applied and limited to the singular number. Every word importing the masculine gender only may extend and be applied to females as well as males.
This applies to all MCL's

here is the link:

http://legislature.mi.gov/(S(zv5mxj...l-8-3b&query=on&highlight=singular AND plural