• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A little much...I KNOW...but is it legal?

Sail Man

imported post

THway wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:
I don't have the email anymore, but I had asked this question of Sgt. Deasy of the MSP in Lansing.

There is no limit as to how many guns you carry. Other than your physical capabilities.
As everyone else has stated, YES you can carry more than ONE firearm both OC/CC.

UNLESS you come to Wayne County, where Kim Worthy will have you charged with violating the CPL law if you do it CC, since she seems to think that your CPL permission slip only allows you to CC ONE firearm. Wayne County will be a safer place without her...
Yeah, but she does have a hard-on for the Kwamester and that is def. a good thing. :celebrate

I finally!! took my ccw class this past weekend and the Detroit cop that taught us confirmed it didnt apply to just 1 handgun. I was talking to a Troy officer I work with from time to time (I'm EMS) and he was telling me about one guy recently cc'ing at tgif's with 5 handguns :shock: 2 shoulder, 2 hip and 1 ankle. He had a cpl but the manager had noticed one of the guns and called the cops. PD asked the guy to leave or he'd be cited for trespassing even though he was legal simply because the manager freaked.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Sail Man wrote:
THway wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:
I don't have the email anymore, but I had asked this question of Sgt. Deasy of the MSP in Lansing.

There is no limit as to how many guns you carry. Other than your physical capabilities.
As everyone else has stated, YES you can carry more than ONE firearm both OC/CC.

UNLESS you come to Wayne County, where Kim Worthy will have you charged with violating the CPL law if you do it CC, since she seems to think that your CPL permission slip only allows you to CC ONE firearm. Wayne County will be a safer place without her...
Yeah, but she does have a hard-on for the Kwamester and that is def. a good thing. :celebrate

I finally!! took my ccw class this past weekend and the Detroit cop that taught us confirmed it didnt apply to just 1 handgun. I was talking to a Troy officer I work with from time to time (I'm EMS) and he was telling me about one guy recently cc'ing at tgif's with 5 handguns :shock: 2 shoulder, 2 hip and 1 ankle. He had a cpl but the manager had noticed one of the guns and called the cops. PD asked the guy to leave or he'd be cited for trespassing even though he was legal simply because the manager freaked.
Five?!?!? Sheesh. I mean, I can see 2 as viable, but 5? Sounds to me like the guy has some reliability issues. ;)

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

The_Boondock_Saints_-_Il_Duce.jpg

G

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
Sail Man wrote:
THway wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

Five?!?!? Sheesh. I mean, I can see 2 as viable, but 5? Sounds to me like the guy has some reliability issues. ;)
I didn't see where he mentioned Taurus. ;)

The fastest reload is a back up.

[line]Watch for the UFO.

autosurgeon

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
Sail Man wrote:
THway wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

[line]Watch for the UFO.
Nah it's them dang Kimbers that cause all the problems :p

And I agree a backup is the fastest reload... which is why I carry one.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:

Well, if he'd had ONE Taurus, he would not have needed anymore pistols. I've had my Taurus PT-92AFS for over 15 years, and in all that time, it's never jammed or failed to fire one time. It's one of the most reliable pistols I own, if not THE most reliable.

Denny

imported post

[align=left]Warriors, both commanders and troopers, carry two swords at their belt. In olden times these were called the long sword and the sword; nowadays there are known as the sword and the companion sword. Let it suffice to say that in our land, whatever the reason, a warrior carries two swords at his belt. It is the Way ofthe warrior. [/align]

[align=left]The Book of Five Rings [/align]
Miyamoto Musashi.1645

[align=left][/align]

[align=left][/align]