Thread: Could UOC be "political speech"

Post imported post

The reality is some of us only UOC to make a political statement and it is obvious that many LEO's don't like it in areas where they have enacted Victim Disarmament(VD).

My view if flag burning is protected, perhaps this is something we can also claim.

Of course I would never burn old Glory, but the UN flag may be a different story.

Post imported post

nicki wrote:
    The reality is some of us only UOC to make a political statement and it is obvious that many LEO's don't like it in areas where they have enacted Victim Disarmament(VD).
    In California, UOC is primarily a political statement. Do police view it as speech?- I doubt that they do, but that isnt as relevant as how the court views it. Hopefully in a matter of weeks it will be viewed in a whole new light...
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

Could UOC be "political speech"... hell no,a facts... hell yes

State Researcher

Post imported post

Could UOC be "political speech"?

Yes. It is.

In fact, one of the arguments in Nordyke was that holding a gun show was a form of protected speech. Not sure the 9th circuit will buy this on en banc review, but there are some interesting arguments and case references in the Nordyke playbook.

I'm fairly confident the 1A will be brought up in many 2A cases post-McDonald.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

nicki wrote:
    My view if flag burning is protected, perhaps this is something we can also claim.

Of course I would never burn old Glory, but the UN flag may be a different story.
    Yeah:celebrate