Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does your spouse agree with OC?

Post imported post

My wife doesn't mind when I CC, and often finds comfort in knowing that I am. But she does not like me to OC and has said she will not accompany me anywhere if I do. Today I went to a TV repair shop in Coopersville and stopped at a gun shop. Before I left she chided me for OCing and her parting words were, "call me from jail."

Does your spouse agree with OC? If they always haven't, how did you change their mind about it?
    Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Banned

Post imported post

What spouse?:?

When/if I meet her, she will have to be ok I OC, or :P

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

My wife prefers that I CC around her - she doesn't enjoy the supposed attention it brings.

So I CC around her, and OC everywhere else.

The things we do for love.

Post imported post

She doesn't care how I C as long as I C.

Watch for the UFO.

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    My wife prefers that I CC around her - she doesn't enjoy the supposed attention it brings.

So I CC around her, and OC everywhere else.

The things we do for love.
    what Zig said.....

we have an agreement that I don't OC when she is with me. But she does feel more comfortable that I do carry.

Post imported post

My gf is good with any way I wanna carry. She'll be carrying too soon as she can afford to buy a gun. w00t

Post imported post

My wife is coming around to OC. She did make fun of me for carrying my empty holster into the county court house today. She thinks that I was just asking for trouble.

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

My wife both OCs and CCs. How she carries is up to her, either way a woman carrying is just hot. :celebrate

Post imported post

aliesha at first wasnt pro OC...but she has been to every event ive been to with the exception of most of the lansing event.

she likes it now,and is saving up for her first gun,but has stated she wont carry without a sh*t ton of training on firearms(she has been wanting to thank yall at the battle creek event for helping her learn to shoot btw,especially kimberguy...she is hell bent on getting a beretta now)
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

No spouse or gf here, so I can't answer that question.

Unless my last gf counts, in which case she didn't care either way. She was the one who lent me the money to buy my GLOCK!! Nice girl she was. :-)
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

Mine don't care either way..

Post imported post

No GF for me right now....

but the last couple i took out couldnt care less how i carried OC or CC there just glad i was carrying

Banned

Post imported post

Post imported post

No spouse but a girlfriend of seven years. As far as her feelings on it....I don't know, I've never asked. It probably wouldn't make any difference and she knows that which is why, if she's against it, she hasn't said anything.

Although I highly doubt that she's against it because we share a fairly strong congruence in our core beliefs.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

I'm jealous, my wife don't like guns at all. But they were here before she was so she knows where I stand and that's the way it will be. Don't get me wrong, I love her to death, but if they become to much of a problem for her, she is free to move on. Later, Bob
    Life Member: NRA (Benefactor), GOA, SAF, MUCC, and Case Collectors Club
    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Post imported post

My wife and I have CPLs, and we both carry everywhere, but she is slightly opposed to me OCing; she is afraid that it will become a problem with the police some day. Never had an incident, and she's warming up to it (although she knows if she objected it would be too bad for her; I have a problem hearing higher frequencies of the human voice).

Post imported post

My wife is ok with me OC'ing. I OC almost eveywhere we go. No problems really with that.. The only problems I have is arguments relating to the number of firearms I want to own I figure she will have to get over it because I refuse to negotiate.

Post imported post

when i first met my gf... she thought i was crazy, but still accepted me. now... if i'm concealing, she's like... aren't you bringing your gun?

she also would love it if i could come to her work and walk her out every night, except thats about a 45minute drive away from where i live. her job place does not allow employees to even have a cell phone in their purse or on them, must be in the car. she now calls for security every night (might not be the best solution, but its better then walking out alone).... think.... saginaw.... blah.

she no longer cares whether i oc or cc, unless we go to her parents (which is a whole different story... her mom is great though).

Post imported post

My Only Wife was Open Carrying when I met and when we Married,after 22 years She does what SHE tells Me .

Post imported post

My wife isn't a fan of guns in general as she grew up in a gun free household. She wasn't too sure about it when I started carrying and she definately prefers I conceal. I will say there has been more than one time where we have been in shady areas at night where she has leaned in and asked if I was carrying. When I tell her I am she seems more at ease so I think she is coming around. I've been working on getting her to the range to shoot but she isn't quite ready yet. She was really worried about our 2 young daughters being around firearms but she has seen me talk to them about firearms safety so many times that I think her mind is at ease now. She has only been with me a couple times when I have open carried and neither time did she realize it until well into the day. She is more worried about me getting harrased by the police though than the actual firearm. If we had to fight a case in court it would be a huge financial burden for us right now.

Post imported post

My wife didnt like it when I started.She has grown to like me carrying what ever way I carry now!!!

Post imported post

Last edited by T Vance; 09-19-2010 at 12:00 AM.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

I just can't believe some of you guys have GF's or are married.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    My wife is ok with me OC'ing. I OC almost eveywhere we go. No problems really with that.. The only problems I have is arguments relating to the number of firearms I want to own I figure she will have to get over it because I refuse to negotiate.
    Additionally my wife says she doesnt like guns but when asking her why she cant really answer it with anything other than cuz I do. What really confuses me is shes from Texas though traveled the country with military parents and she had to have grown up around firearms. She has some preclusion with the # of firearms in the house. As it stands if I can eventaully talk her into allowing me more then two shes going to force us to pay for an off site storage unit. I have a while couple years because of our current finances so its not like its imminent but still. I feel there is no logic behind it considering Id be purchasing a large safe. Anyone out there have any clues what the damn deal is?

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I tell my wife what to agree with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast