• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does your spouse agree with OC?

MarineSgt

imported post

My wife doesn't mind when I CC, and often finds comfort in knowing that I am. But she does not like me to OC and has said she will not accompany me anywhere if I do. Today I went to a TV repair shop in Coopersville and stopped at a gun shop. Before I left she chided me for OCing and her parting words were, "call me from jail."

Does your spouse agree with OC? If they always haven't, how did you change their mind about it?

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My wife prefers that I CC around her - she doesn't enjoy the supposed attention it brings.

So I CC around her, and OC everywhere else.

The things we do for love.

G

imported post

She doesn't care how I C as long as I C.

Watch for the UFO.

Kimberguy

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
My wife prefers that I CC around her - she doesn't enjoy the supposed attention it brings.

So I CC around her, and OC everywhere else.

The things we do for love.
what Zig said.....

we have an agreement that I don't OC when she is with me. But she does feel more comfortable that I do carry.

scot623

imported post

My wife is coming around to OC. She did make fun of me for carrying my empty holster into the county court house today. She thinks that I was just asking for trouble.

lil_freak_66

imported post

aliesha at first wasnt pro OC...but she has been to every event ive been to with the exception of most of the lansing event.

she likes it now,and is saving up for her first gun,but has stated she wont carry without a sh*t ton of training on firearms(she has been wanting to thank yall at the battle creek event for helping her learn to shoot btw,especially kimberguy...she is hell bent on getting a beretta now)

EM87

imported post

No spouse or gf here, so I can't answer that question.

Unless my last gf counts, in which case she didn't care either way. She was the one who lent me the money to buy my GLOCK!! Nice girl she was. :)

Bronson

imported post

No spouse but a girlfriend of seven years. As far as her feelings on it....I don't know, I've never asked. It probably wouldn't make any difference and she knows that which is why, if she's against it, she hasn't said anything.

Although I highly doubt that she's against it because we share a fairly strong congruence in our core beliefs.

Bronson

bobn911

imported post

I'm jealous, my wife don't like guns at all. But they were here before she was so she knows where I stand and that's the way it will be. Don't get me wrong, I love her to death, but if they become to much of a problem for her, she is free to move on. Later, Bob

jfrenchudm

imported post

My wife and I have CPLs, and we both carry everywhere, but she is slightly opposed to me OCing; she is afraid that it will become a problem with the police some day. Never had an incident, and she's warming up to it (although she knows if she objected it would be too bad for her; I have a problem hearing higher frequencies of the human voice).

mikestilly

imported post

My wife is ok with me OC'ing. I OC almost eveywhere we go. No problems really with that.. The only problems I have is arguments relating to the number of firearms I want to own :dude: I figure she will have to get over it because I refuse to negotiate.

viperar15

imported post

when i first met my gf... she thought i was crazy, but still accepted me. now... if i'm concealing, she's like... aren't you bringing your gun?

she also would love it if i could come to her work and walk her out every night, except thats about a 45minute drive away from where i live. her job place does not allow employees to even have a cell phone in their purse or on them, must be in the car. she now calls for security every night (might not be the best solution, but its better then walking out alone).... think.... saginaw.... blah.

she no longer cares whether i oc or cc, unless we go to her parents (which is a whole different story... her mom is great though).

Denny

imported post

My wife isn't a fan of guns in general as she grew up in a gun free household. She wasn't too sure about it when I started carrying and she definately prefers I conceal. I will say there has been more than one time where we have been in shady areas at night where she has leaned in and asked if I was carrying. When I tell her I am she seems more at ease so I think she is coming around. I've been working on getting her to the range to shoot but she isn't quite ready yet. She was really worried about our 2 young daughters being around firearms but she has seen me talk to them about firearms safety so many times that I think her mind is at ease now. She has only been with me a couple times when I have open carried and neither time did she realize it until well into the day. She is more worried about me getting harrased by the police though than the actual firearm. If we had to fight a case in court it would be a huge financial burden for us right now.