• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does your spouse agree with OC?

mikestilly

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
My wife is ok with me OC'ing. I OC almost eveywhere we go. No problems really with that.. The only problems I have is arguments relating to the number of firearms I want to own :dude: I figure she will have to get over it because I refuse to negotiate.

Additionally my wife says she doesnt like guns but when asking her why she cant really answer it with anything other than cuz I do. What really confuses me is shes from Texas though traveled the country with military parents and she had to have grown up around firearms. She has some preclusion with the # of firearms in the house. As it stands if I can eventaully talk her into allowing me more then two shes going to force us to pay for an off site storage unit. I have a while couple years because of our current finances so its not like its imminent but still. I feel there is no logic behind it considering Id be purchasing a large safe. Anyone out there have any clues what the damn deal is?

cabman1

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
cabman1 wrote:
My wife didnt like it when I started.She has grown to like me carrying what ever way I carry now!!!
if you had just told her what she liked,,,, we wouldnt be wondering who the real man is!!!

II bet your knuckles are all scabbed up from dragging them on the ground for so long!!!!

PDinDetroit

imported post

My GF was alarmed at my "preoccupation" with firearms until she recently found out she is the only one in her circle of friends that does not own one. I have only CC'ed around her to date.

This coming Thursday will be the first time at the range for her as she has determined to get a personal protection firearm.

Sir Dancing Banana to celebrate her decision!

:celebrate

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

Well I have a little less Confidence in the Marines after reading the OP ;).

I OC always & everywhere. The girlfriend doesn't care either way, she just don't like that the Wife Carry's :shock:.

autosurgeon

imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
My GF was alarmed at my "preoccupation" with firearms until she recently found out she is the only one in her circle of friends that does not own one. I have only CC'ed around her to date.

This coming Thursday will be the first time at the range for her as she has determined to get a personal protection firearm.

Sir Dancing Banana to celebrate her decision!

:celebrate
VERY awsome!!!

MarineSgt

imported post

My wife didn't grow up around guns either. So when we started dating it was quite a shock for her. IIRC she wasn't on board with me concealing either, it looks like I've moved the chains a little bit. Since she is now ok with CC and doesn't like pistol OC. (Thought to self) Maybe I should OC an AR, then she won't mind me OCing a pistol.:lol:

I guess not everyone has a spouse so... Maybe you have some stories about bringing family or friends to open up to OC?

BreakingTheMold

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
She doesn't care how I C as long as I C.

Watch for the UFO.

Same boat i'm in, And i wouldn't have it any other way. Soon she'll be carrying as well, but most likely CC. Once you point out a 40 S&W can level the odds of a 120lb female against a 200lb male. I've always just thought the survival instinct to be higher in some.

"There are no mistakes, only consequences."