• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Have you ever had an anti do this to you?

25sierraman

imported post

wow im really sad i read this post now. I'm angry for you. Seriously reading about altercations like this one makes my blood boil. I really hope i don't have any negative encounters like yours because I'm not so sure i could keep such a cool head like you did. I'd probably lay into about her ignorance and probable lack of contribution to society or anything that we enjoy here in the united states. Some people grow up so sheltered and do not realize what great things US citizens enjoy here. Put her in a country like Iraq or where i was in Kirkuk and see how evil human beings can truly be to one another. That would make people think twice when they take their safety for granted or anything else that we have here for granted. If she chooses to be an ignorant uninformed scared shaky individual do so quietly, its her right. I'll keep my weapon loaded and mind my own business as well. :banghead:

sorry for the rant :p awesome job keeping cool.

TheMrMitch

imported post

I'm confrontational when pushed. I would have gotten right back and ask if child abuse was what happened to her.

Several years ago, a gentleman and his wife were having dinner with (probably) his mother. The lady was loud.....and had false teeth that clacked each time she spoke. They were also adorned with many uncleaned meals and looked alga green.

I'm in my late twenties and sported a very lush moustache, well kept.

I got up to leave and she vied for my attention by calling loudly "Young Man, come here". I graced her table and she said "I don't like your moustache at all! People shouldn't wear those things".

I retorted that I didn't care to see her green loose dentures while I ate but tried to be polite about it. I left andshewas some what stunned.:celebrate

25sierraman

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
I'm confrontational when pushed. I would have gotten right back and ask if child abuse was what happened to her.

Several years ago, a gentleman and his wife were having dinner with (probably) his mother. The lady was loud.....and had false teeth that clacked each time she spoke. They were also adorned with many uncleaned meals and looked alga green.

I'm in my late twenties and sported a very lush moustache, well kept.

I got up to leave and she vied for my attention by calling loudly "Young Man, come here". I graced her table and she said "I don't like your moustache at all! People shouldn't wear those things".

I retorted that I didn't care to see her green loose dentures while I ate but tried to be polite about it. I left andshewas some what stunned.:celebrate
Thats awesome. You know you probably ruined her next few days. :lol:

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Not teaching your children gun safety = Child NEGLECT

Not teaching your children marksmanship = Child NEGLECT

My 10 year old son would have LOVED that confrontation!
He would have clearly told the lady
"You talkin about ME? I LOVE to shoot my Dad's 'Midget Cricket'! You should try it sometime! Its FUN!!!"

I OC a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II. My son will only shoot 1 magazine from it before "hes done". He can keep all 7 rounds in the 5-ring of the TransTar I (reduced size) target at 15 yards. He told me he doesn't like to shoot more than that "because shooting more than that makes my hands shake".

I tend to get the "45 shakes" after shooting about 30 rounds one-handed. He just needs a few years to "fill out" before he can really do well with a .45 ACP.

:cool:

ocgso

imported post

My son is four, and he is around guns every day. When I was young, my dad could have put a loaded pistol in the living room and said "don't touch that". He could have gone fishing and when he came back if he dusted the pistol for prints he would have found none.

We were taught to respect firearms and how to operate them from an early age.

The worst form of child abuse I know of is that a former coworker of mine had guns and never taught his children about them. He locked them in the basement and only took them out when the kids were not home. His oldest daughter was 19 and overheard us talking about pistols one day at work and was AMAZED to know her dad owned a gun. His three kids NEVER learned anything about firearms and he owns a bunch of them and grew up with them.

What you did is to expose your child to his rights, and to the people that will oppose his rights.......I say A+ good job.

AlabamaFamilyMan

imported post

Perhaps you could say, loudly, to your son...

"I'm sorry, Son, but there really are some people who don't care enough for children to be willing to defend them and keep them safe."

AFM

farkles

imported post

The correct response was, "oh so it is okay for you to exercise your first amendment, which would not be considered child abuse, but when I want to exercise my second amendment it is all of a sudden child abuse....MORON"