Thread: Hello Everyone

Post imported post

Hi, I'm new here and new to OC, I had no idea this was going on. I live in Rochester and see I am not the only one. If I can be of any help let me know...

Banned

Post imported post

Welcome

There is a lot of info here, if you have questions, ask. And read the stickies.

Post imported post

22-250 wrote:
    If I can be of any help let me know...
    Open carry lawfully as much as you can. Answer questions and dispel wrong information when you hear them. Always be polite.

That's the best help you can give to advancing open carry. Welcome aboard.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

I plan to , however I think it would be best for me to wait until I have my CPL, about four more weeks, no?

Post imported post

If it makes you more comfortable to have the CPL, then by all means wait for it. If you take time to study the law to know where you can and cannot carry without one though, you can start anytime! Just make sure you're familiar with MCL 750.234d (where you cannot possess a firearm without a CPL) and the transport law (I'm forgetting the MCL number).

Welcome aboard!
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Banned

Post imported post

Transporting : 750.231a

Also see this thread, and print the carry chart :

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/36728.html

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Welcome 22-250. It brings joy to the hearts of everyone here when a new patriot joins in and exercises and protects their rights. As said, the life of an OC'er is certainly made less complicated by the possession of a cpl. The simple fact of not having to disassemble your rig every time you enter a vehicle or other victim zone itself is indeed a safety concern.

As for helping out, again as mentioned, the best thing to do is to share the information. Last year, Michigan Open Carry, Inc. was formed from contributors within this forum to go even further. While the need to spread information and educate is MOC's primary focus, they also have the ability to speak to legislation with the authority of over 100 taxpayers behind every phone call or letter. I would certainly encourage you to have a look at their website at http://www.michiganopencarry.org and consider adding your voice to the collective effort.
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
    Welcome 22-250. It brings joy to the hearts of everyone here when a new patriot joins in and exercises and protects their rights. As said, the life of an OC'er is certainly made less complicated by the possession of a cpl. The simple fact of not having to disassemble your rig every time you enter a vehicle or other victim zone itself is indeed a safety concern.

As for helping out, again as mentioned, the best thing to do is to share the information. Last year, Michigan Open Carry, Inc. was formed from contributors within this forum to go even further. While the need to spread information and educate is MOC's primary focus, they also have the ability to speak to legislation with the authority of over 100 taxpayers behind every phone call or letter. I would certainly encourage you to have a look at their website at http://www.michiganopencarry.org and consider adding your voice to the collective effort.

I did, and yes going to wait for CPL just to avoid the other issues , don't want to CC by mistake..

Post imported post

Welcome

Post imported post

Welcome, and smart choice on waiting for the CPL. As much as I hate that it is that way, it might not be worth the felony charge, time and/or money to risk it. I hate to say that, but it's up to each person where they want to draw the line. I OC'd for about 3 months w/o a CPL, and never had an issue until the day I received my CPL :P

Post imported post

In the convoluted mess that forms the compilation of MI's gun laws, getting your CPL is like having a "get of jail" card, even though you may not have committed a crime if you were to carry without one.

Post imported post

CoonDog wrote:
    In the convoluted mess that forms the compilation of MI's gun laws, getting your CPL is like having a "get of jail" card, even though you may not have committed a crime if you were to carry without one.
    It's more like a 'bribe the cops free' card...

Post imported post

CoonDog wrote:
    Right, correct me if I am wrong but now that I am aware of the OC law I don't have to worry if I unintentionally show my gun? If I have a CPL then I'm either CC or OC so I am covered no matter what except for PFZ's yes?

Banned

Post imported post

as long as you're not in one of the no carry places then you're fine, but if the proprietor asks you to leave or to refrain from open carry, the best policy is to leave respectfully or ask if you can conceal carry(if you have a cpl and can CC in that location), and continue shopping.

Some people choose to just refuse to do business with stores that do not support OC, it is their right to refuse to shop there just as much as it is the store rights to not support it.

I think it will only be a matter of time until more people realize that OC is a good thing and not something to be afraid of seeing, until then all we can do is get along with them and offer them some education.

Post imported post

Is this 22-250 from Michigan Predator Hunting? If so welcome, if not welcome anyways. From one new guy to another, read everything a dozen times and then when you think you have it down read it again.

Post imported post

Yes I will refuse to do business with anyone who will not support the issue, Geez have these people ever heard of Keweenaw?

Post imported post

Welcome and Welcome

Post imported post

gettysburg wrote:
    Is this 22-250 from Michigan Predator Hunting? If so welcome, if not welcome anyways. From one new guy to another, read everything a dozen times and then when you think you have it down read it again.
    Ok, will do..

Post imported post

Welcome.

***former lurker known as "Ethan_Frome" since 2008.
    "Are you sure Hank done it this way?" - Waylon Jennings

Post imported post

Thank you all, It's nice to be able to chat with people right in my back yard..

Post imported post

Have a barbecue, and I'm sure you could chat with a whole slew of us in your backyard