Thread: First time OC in Arlington

Post imported post

Well, I took the plunge today. I have been following OCDO for about a year now, and finally decided to give OC a try.

I went to Silver Diner on Clarendon Blvd (near Washington Blvd), and Starbucks in the Lee Harrison Center. In Silver Diner, I took a booth with a window view. Shortly after being seated, I saw Arlington PD roll by, but they continued on, and I finished my meal without incident. The waitstaff was very courteous and attentive, but I have gotten equally good service there when not carrying.

Next I hit Starbucks, again with no problems. I sat inside for about an hour working on my laptop. No stares, comments, etc. The baristas were friendly and one even helped get me set up on their wifi system.

Overall a good day for OC in NoVA.
    :celebrate:celebrate

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Felt kind of normal huh? It gets "easier" the more you do it. ("Easier" in quotes since it sounded pretty easy today).

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO and the great act of Open Carrying.

Kind of anticlimactic, aint it?

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Do keep up on the dinners and other meet-ups and try to get to some of them. It's always good to meet fellow travellers.

stay sfe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I would imagine a few folks are going to meet up in Arlington soon. It seems like there are a fair amount of people in the area that lurk in the corners of the board :P

I would be up there as well, since I am just about always in Arlington on the weekends. I think we might do a real nice outside dinner at Uncle Julios there in Ballston. It was so beautiful eating out there last weekend.
    OC - Kimber Custom II - trijicon night sights, beveled mag well, and Wilson combat mags
    CC/OC Sig Sauer 229 - trijicon night sights

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Do keep up on the dinners and other meet-ups and try to get to some of them. It's always good to meet fellow travellers.

stay sfe.

skidmark
    100 Internet Points for spelling "anticlimactic" properly, Skid.

And yeh, it really is. People do not go running. Birds don't fall out of the sky. Just a normal day.

After a while, NOT carrying will feel weirder than your first time carrying did.

Post imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
    skidmark wrote:

stay sfe.

skidmark

And yeh, it really is. People do not go running. Birds don't fall out of the sky. Just a normal day.

After a while, NOT carrying will feel weirder than your first time carrying did.
    With your 100 points I now have 7 whole internets and 18,235,894,652,427 and 3/5ths points. What can I cash that in for?

stay safe.

skidmark

"He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    Glock27Bill wrote:
    skidmark wrote:

stay sfe.

skidmark

With your 100 points I now have 7 whole internets and 18,235,894,652,427 and 3/5ths points. What can I cash that in for?

stay safe.

skidmark
    You now have the approximate equivalent value of 1/10 of a Brown Point.

Keep savin' them.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
    I would imagine a few folks are going to meet up in Arlington soon. It seems like there are a fair amount of people in the area that lurk in the corners of the board ...
    Check out Ben's Arlington OC lunch event @ http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/41408.html

(Edited to fix link)

Post imported post

OP - Just out of curiosity - was it outside or inside your belt?

(I kniow, doesn't matter - just an informal poll)
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." B. Franklin

Post imported post

That and five bucks will get you a latte at Starbucks.