• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time OC in Arlington

levernut

imported post

Well, I took the plunge today. I have been following OCDO for about a year now, and finally decided to give OC a try.

I went to Silver Diner on Clarendon Blvd (near Washington Blvd), and Starbucks in the Lee Harrison Center. In Silver Diner, I took a booth with a window view. Shortly after being seated, I saw Arlington PD roll by, but they continued on, and I finished my meal without incident. The waitstaff was very courteous and attentive, but I have gotten equally good service there when not carrying.

Next I hit Starbucks, again with no problems. I sat inside for about an hour working on my laptop. No stares, comments, etc. The baristas were friendly and one even helped get me set up on their wifi system.

Overall a good day for OC in NoVA.
:celebrate:celebrate

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome to OCDO and the great act of Open Carrying.

Kind of anticlimactic, aint it?

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Do keep up on the dinners and other meet-ups and try to get to some of them. It's always good to meet fellow travellers.

stay sfe.

skidmark

NightmareSHANIQUA

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, US
imported post

I would imagine a few folks are going to meet up in Arlington soon. It seems like there are a fair amount of people in the area that lurk in the corners of the board :p

I would be up there as well, since I am just about always in Arlington on the weekends. I think we might do a real nice outside dinner at Uncle Julios there in Ballston. It was so beautiful eating out there last weekend.

Glock27Bill

imported post

skidmark wrote:

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Do keep up on the dinners and other meet-ups and try to get to some of them. It's always good to meet fellow travellers.

stay sfe.

skidmark
100 Internet Points for spelling "anticlimactic" properly, Skid.

And yeh, it really is. People do not go running. Birds don't fall out of the sky. Just a normal day.

After a while, NOT carrying will feel weirder than your first time carrying did.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
skidmark wrote:

stay sfe.

skidmark

And yeh, it really is. People do not go running. Birds don't fall out of the sky. Just a normal day.

After a while, NOT carrying will feel weirder than your first time carrying did.
With your 100 points I now have 7 whole internets and 18,235,894,652,427 and 3/5ths points. What can I cash that in for?:lol:

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

skidmark wrote:
Glock27Bill wrote:
skidmark wrote:

stay sfe.

skidmark

With your 100 points I now have 7 whole internets and 18,235,894,652,427 and 3/5ths points. What can I cash that in for?:lol:

stay safe.

skidmark
You now have the approximate equivalent value of 1/10 of a Brown Point.

Keep savin' them.

Yata hey