Thread: Purchasing Alcohol

Post imported post

Can/should you purchase alcohol at say a supermarket while OCing? I was OC at a local market and decided against buying any becasue I didn't want to give OC a bad image.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

There is no law prohibiting purchasing alcohol while armed. Consuming while armed might give a bad rap, but not purchase.

McX

Post imported post

i hear anit- gunners like a beer with their tofu.

Post imported post

I buy my spirits and beer in Kenosha at Woodman's package store while open carrying. Nothing like shopping for groceries first, followed by the liquor store on the way to the parking lot while open carrying. 100% legal.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Post imported post

I have never had any problems at the Pic-n-Save on 76th and Goodhope (every other day or so).

Post imported post

I've only purchased alcohol while carrying at Pick n Save in Sussex. I think I've also been to Greenfield Liquor, but I cannot remember. Oh, Greenfield Liquor has some fantastic beer. :celebrate
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

So (Carryinghandgun where alcoholic beverages may be sold and consumed.)-is referring to just taverns and liquor stores and does not include establishments like walmarts and convienence stores thatg sell alcohol?

Post imported post

yeah since your not consuming it at a supermarket its legal. I asked the question more along the lines of "should or do youbuy liquorwhile OCing?". I mean lets face it guns and boozeshouldn't gotogether.Going into a liquor store OCing and walking out with a bunch of booze may give a bad name to the cause. Is it legal to purchase closed containers of alcohol while OCing? apparently so. Should we do it?

Post imported post

Elysium wrote:
    yeah since your not consuming it at a supermarket its legal. I asked the question more along the lines of "should or do youbuy liquorwhile OCing?". I mean lets face it guns and boozeshouldn't gotogether.Going into a liquor store OCing and walking out with a bunch of booze may give a bad name to the cause. Is it legal to purchase closed containers of alcohol while OCing? apparently so. Should we do it?
    We should aslo only wear three piece suits when we oc...I do not see this whole thing as a big deal. It's legal, so...? I bought a case of beer the other day while OC'ing, no big deal.
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Post imported post

Mlutz wrote:
    Elysium wrote:
    We should aslo only wear three piece suits when we oc...I do not see this whole thing as a big deal. It's legal, so...? I bought a case of beer the other day while OC'ing, no big deal.
    I actually don't drink alcohol.I am just wondering because i don't want to walk in there carrying if I legally cannot due to alcohol being sold there

Post imported post

Elysium wrote:
    lets face it guns and boozeÂ*shouldn't goÂ*together.Â*Â*Going into a liquor store OCing and walking out with a bunch of booze may give a bad name to the cause.
    :quirky

Post imported post

Elysium wrote:
    I try to live my life as a free man. That in mind, I will only go to the liquor store, when I run out, and feel the need for more...