• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Purchasing Alcohol

Elysium

imported post

Can/should you purchase alcohol at say a supermarket while OCing? I was OC at a local market and decided against buying any becasue I didn't want to give OC a bad image.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

There is no law prohibiting purchasing alcohol while armed. Consuming while armed might give a bad rap, but not purchase.

M

McX

imported post

i hear anit- gunners like a beer with their tofu.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I buy my spirits and beer in Kenosha at Woodman's package store while open carrying. Nothing like shopping for groceries first, followed by the liquor store on the way to the parking lot while open carrying. 100% legal. :dude:

protias

imported post

I've only purchased alcohol while carrying at Pick n Save in Sussex. I think I've also been to Greenfield Liquor, but I cannot remember. Oh, Greenfield Liquor has some fantastic beer. :celebrate

revolverrandy

imported post

So (Carryinghandgun where alcoholic beverages may be sold and consumed.)-is referring to just taverns and liquor stores and does not include establishments like walmarts and convienence stores thatg sell alcohol?

Elysium

imported post

yeah since your not consuming it at a supermarket its legal. I asked the question more along the lines of "should or do youbuy liquorwhile OCing?". I mean lets face it guns and boozeshouldn't gotogether.Going into a liquor store OCing and walking out with a bunch of booze may give a bad name to the cause. Is it legal to purchase closed containers of alcohol while OCing? apparently so. Should we do it?

Mlutz

imported post

Elysium wrote:
yeah since your not consuming it at a supermarket its legal. I asked the question more along the lines of "should or do youbuy liquorwhile OCing?". I mean lets face it guns and boozeshouldn't gotogether.Going into a liquor store OCing and walking out with a bunch of booze may give a bad name to the cause. Is it legal to purchase closed containers of alcohol while OCing? apparently so. Should we do it?
We should aslo only wear three piece suits when we oc...I do not see this whole thing as a big deal. It's legal, so...? I bought a case of beer the other day while OC'ing, no big deal.

revolverrandy

imported post

Mlutz wrote:
Elysium wrote:
We should aslo only wear three piece suits when we oc...I do not see this whole thing as a big deal. It's legal, so...? I bought a case of beer the other day while OC'ing, no big deal.
I actually don't drink alcohol.I am just wondering because i don't want to walk in there carrying if I legally cannot due to alcohol being sold there

AaronS

imported post

Elysium wrote:

I try to live my life as a free man. That in mind, I will only go to the liquor store, when I run out, and feel the need for more...

:)