Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas Roadhouse in Madison Heights MI is CC only.

Post imported post

Just got off the phone with Rick, the owner of the Texas Roadhouse on John R. just north of 12 mile road in Madison Heights. This is his stance. He's been back and forth with corporate and they put the decision in his hands, as he's the franchise owner, and this is his decision.

I was there a week ago today for family night, kids eat free on Tuesday. I was seated but my waitress neglected to grab a basket of bread as we were seated. She came and took our drink order and I asked for a basket of bread. She returned a few minutes later with our drinks, but no bread, I asked again for some bread and after a few minutes of waiting, I got up to go get my own. I don't know if it was this uncommon event or not that lead to the night manager(Evan) coming to our table. He asked if I had a firearm on my hip, I answered in the affirmative. He told me there were no firearms allowed in the building. I told him I saw no such sign and he referenced the employee handbook. I noted that I believed that pertained to employees and not customers, but he asked that I put the gun in my car all the same. I informed him that if I went out to my car, I would not be returning and he would lose my business. He was polite and professional, but he apologized and invited me back anytime w/o my firearm.

I spoke with the owner Rick the next day and he seemed open to the idea that as long as it was legal then he would allow it, but he was going to default to corporate for a policy. I spoke to him again yesterday, he had not heard back from them yet, but said he would call and get a final answer, which he did. They put the ball in his court, but reiterated that this was HIS livelihood and he might not want to allow some patrons to be scared, especially on kids night. He said I was welcome back anytime but that he was having a sign made up asap to notify that OC was not allowed.

I informed him that this meant he was losing my business, and that I doubted that my OC in his restaurant once or twice a month for the last year had lost him any patrons the way that this new policy would. He apologized but stuck to his guns.

I've contacted corporate which will if nothing else, be forwarded on to Rick. I'm not asking for a campaign, but rather a heads up to all those who may have OC'd there in the past, or planned to in the future. However, if you were so inclined, then feel free.

To my knowledge this is not necessarily corporate policy at this time, and corporate is leaving it to the individual owner. However, it doesn't sound like corporate is very supportive of OC either way.

http://www.texasroadhouse.com/contac...ut-your-visit/

Post imported post

Unreal! I've OC'ed in there maybe 7 times or more and nobody gave me a hard time once. Is Rick the owner? If he posts a sign I will never be back to his location again. There are plenty of Texas Roadhouse locations. I have no problem driving a few extra miles to a place that accepts our RTBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post imported post

not good for business!!!!

Post imported post

Comments sent.

[line]
    Gentlemen,

I have been made aware that the Madison Heights, MI location does not allow for the lawful possess of firearms in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan.

Because of this restrictive policy, I shall henceforth cease all patronage of this establishment.

Furthermore, I shall encourage all that lawfully possess firearms in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan to also refrain from patronizing this establishment.

[line]

Watch for the UFO.

Post imported post

copied and sent pats comments

Post imported post

I.
    Last edited by T Vance; 09-19-2010 at 12:00 AM.

Post imported post

Comment sent. My fiance saw me posting and asked what I was doing... I explained, and sh!t hit the fan. She likes Texas Roadhouse. LOL.

All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

Last edited by T Vance; 09-19-2010 at 12:00 AM.

Post imported post

My wife is really unhappy with me right now :P She was great though, when I told him we were just going to be leaving if that was his stance, she didn't bat an eyelash, but boy did I get it in the car :P

She had the talk with me today about it, nice and calm like.... Texas is by far our favorite steak house. She loves the rolls and butter, and I think their steak is the best around, and prices are very decent. Childrens night is a pretty awesome deal too

Post imported post

So instead of asking for a new waitress you just went up and got your own dang bread. So now I can't OC in Texas Road House, or in Texas anymore. I am blaming you sir for the Texas ban on OC!!!

Just as well my girlfriend likes Texas better than Logans, and I like Logans SO SO MUCH more! Its a win for me, kinda...

God Bless!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

I have to look it up but reminding them how many of us there are might get there attention..

Post imported post

Comment submitted.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

Try Texas Coral if there is ine in your area they are great and i carry open in Kalamazoo mi. texas coral all the time.

They are better that texas roadhouse in my opinion

Post imported post

Last edited by T Vance; 09-18-2010 at 11:59 PM.

Post imported post

I submitted a comment also.

***former lurker known as "Ethan_Frome" since 2008.
    "Are you sure Hank done it this way?" - Waylon Jennings

Post imported post

Sent my comment in

Post imported post

So is this the policy of the Texas Roadhouse in just this location? Or have they made a Corp policy for all????
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Post imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
    So is this the policy of the Texas Roadhouse in just this location? Or have they made a Corp policy for all????
    Seems to be that Corp left it up to the franchise.

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

If corporate left it up to him shouldn't we also be sending emails to the owner to let him know his stace will cost him business? Corporate will probably just delete them, I would think he would pay more attention to several emails.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Post imported post

detroit_fan wrote:
    If corporate left it up to him shouldn't we also be sending emails to the owner to let him know his stace will cost him business? Corporate will probably just delete them, I would think he would pay more attention to several emails.
    Corp takes the comments received in their feedback/contact link very, very seriously. They can "turn up the heat" to prevent an issue from becoming a corporate one.

[line]Watch for the UFO.

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:
    Corp takes the comments received in their feedback/contact link very, very seriously. They can "turn up the heat" to prevent an issue from becoming a corporate one.

[line]
    Watch for the UFO.

I see. I'll gosend an email to corporate. When i go to contact us it gives me several options on what department to send it to, but none of the seem to apply really. whatcatergory are you guys sending them?

Post imported post

detroit_fan wrote:
    People that livein the immediate vicinity ought to start mailing the ownerphotocopies oftheir receipts from other streakhouseswhenever they go out to eat. Even other Texas Roadhouse receipts. Tell him that you would prefer his restaurant, but have chosen to go where RTBA is respected.

In this economy, it should not be to hard to demonstrate a marked loss in revenue as a result of this policy. Also, in dealing with business owners, I would point out that the OC movement is on the rise. Let them know that they do not want to land on the wrong side of this debate.

Post imported post

JamesIan wrote:
    detroit_fan wrote:
    People that livein the immediate vicinity ought to start mailing the ownerphotocopies oftheir receipts from other streakhouseswhenever they go out to eat. Even other Texas Roadhouse receipts. Tell him that you would prefer his restaurant, but have chosen to go where RTBA is respected.

In this economy, it should not be to hard to demonstrate a marked loss in revenue as a result of this policy. Also, in dealing with business owners, I would point out that the OC movement is on the rise. Let them know that they do not want to land on the wrong side of this debate.
    +1. I think seeing the actual receiptsof money NOT being spent in his store could be a big eye opener. Especially the way you guys up there in the rich suburbs spend the big$$:P

Post imported post

Heh, I wish, going to Texas is about as extravagant as we get :P But that is a great idea, I just hate to have to even go to another steak house I can't stand Outback, and Logans is better than OB, but I still don't dig them as much as TR... But I think I will have to make several exceptions, and more than likely just go to the TR over in Roseville instead, that one ought really hurt, same franchise, just different location.

Post imported post

Last edited by T Vance; 09-18-2010 at 11:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast