• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas Roadhouse in Madison Heights MI is CC only.

FatboyCykes

imported post

Just got off the phone with Rick, the owner of the Texas Roadhouse on John R. just north of 12 mile road in Madison Heights. This is his stance. He's been back and forth with corporate and they put the decision in his hands, as he's the franchise owner, and this is his decision.

I was there a week ago today for family night, kids eat free on Tuesday. I was seated but my waitress neglected to grab a basket of bread as we were seated. She came and took our drink order and I asked for a basket of bread. She returned a few minutes later with our drinks, but no bread, I asked again for some bread and after a few minutes of waiting, I got up to go get my own. I don't know if it was this uncommon event or not that lead to the night manager(Evan) coming to our table. He asked if I had a firearm on my hip, I answered in the affirmative. He told me there were no firearms allowed in the building. I told him I saw no such sign and he referenced the employee handbook. I noted that I believed that pertained to employees and not customers, but he asked that I put the gun in my car all the same. I informed him that if I went out to my car, I would not be returning and he would lose my business. He was polite and professional, but he apologized and invited me back anytime w/o my firearm.

I spoke with the owner Rick the next day and he seemed open to the idea that as long as it was legal then he would allow it, but he was going to default to corporate for a policy. I spoke to him again yesterday, he had not heard back from them yet, but said he would call and get a final answer, which he did. They put the ball in his court, but reiterated that this was HIS livelihood and he might not want to allow some patrons to be scared, especially on kids night. He said I was welcome back anytime but that he was having a sign made up asap to notify that OC was not allowed.

I informed him that this meant he was losing my business, and that I doubted that my OC in his restaurant once or twice a month for the last year had lost him any patrons the way that this new policy would. He apologized but stuck to his guns.

I've contacted corporate which will if nothing else, be forwarded on to Rick. I'm not asking for a campaign, but rather a heads up to all those who may have OC'd there in the past, or planned to in the future. However, if you were so inclined, then feel free.

To my knowledge this is not necessarily corporate policy at this time, and corporate is leaving it to the individual owner. However, it doesn't sound like corporate is very supportive of OC either way.

http://www.texasroadhouse.com/contact-us/about-your-visit/

mikestilly

imported post

Unreal! I've OC'ed in there maybe 7 times or more and nobody gave me a hard time once. Is Rick the owner? If he posts a sign I will never be back to his location again. There are plenty of Texas Roadhouse locations. I have no problem driving a few extra miles to a place that accepts our RTBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

imported post

Comments sent.

[line]
Gentlemen,

I have been made aware that the Madison Heights, MI location does not allow for the lawful possess of firearms in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan.

Because of this restrictive policy, I shall henceforth cease all patronage of this establishment.

Furthermore, I shall encourage all that lawfully possess firearms in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan to also refrain from patronizing this establishment.

[line]

Watch for the UFO.

malignity

imported post

Comment sent. My fiance saw me posting and asked what I was doing... I explained, and sh!t hit the fan. She likes Texas Roadhouse. LOL.

FatboyCykes

imported post

My wife is really unhappy with me right now :p She was great though, when I told him we were just going to be leaving if that was his stance, she didn't bat an eyelash, but boy did I get it in the car :p

She had the talk with me today about it, nice and calm like.... Texas is by far our favorite steak house. She loves the rolls and butter, and I think their steak is the best around, and prices are very decent. Childrens night is a pretty awesome deal too ;)

eastmeyers

imported post

So instead of asking for a new waitress you just went up and got your own dang bread. So now I can't OC in Texas Road House, or in Texas anymore. I am blaming you sir for the Texas ban on OC!!!

Just as well my girlfriend likes Texas better than Logans, and I like Logans SO SO MUCH more! Its a win for me, kinda...

God Bless!

detroit_fan

imported post

If corporate left it up to him shouldn't we also be sending emails to the owner to let him know his stace will cost him business? Corporate will probably just delete them, I would think he would pay more attention to several emails.

G

imported post

detroit_fan wrote:
If corporate left it up to him shouldn't we also be sending emails to the owner to let him know his stace will cost him business? Corporate will probably just delete them, I would think he would pay more attention to several emails.
Corp takes the comments received in their feedback/contact link very, very seriously. They can "turn up the heat" to prevent an issue from becoming a corporate one.

[line]Watch for the UFO.