• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas Roadhouse in Madison Heights MI is CC only.

detroit_fan

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:
If corporate left it up to him shouldn't we also be sending emails to the owner to let him know his stace will cost him business? Corporate will probably just delete them, I would think he would pay more attention to several emails.
Corp takes the comments received in their feedback/contact link very, very seriously. They can "turn up the heat" to prevent an issue from becoming a corporate one.

[line]
Watch for the UFO.
I see. I'll gosend an email to corporate. When i go to contact us it gives me several options on what department to send it to, but none of the seem to apply really. whatcatergory are you guys sending them?

JamesIan

imported post

detroit_fan wrote:
If corporate left it up to him shouldn't we also be sending emails to the owner to let him know his stace will cost him business? Corporate will probably just delete them, I would think he would pay more attention to several emails.
People that livein the immediate vicinity ought to start mailing the ownerphotocopies oftheir receipts from other streakhouseswhenever they go out to eat. Even other Texas Roadhouse receipts. Tell him that you would prefer his restaurant, but have chosen to go where RTBA is respected.

In this economy, it should not be to hard to demonstrate a marked loss in revenue as a result of this policy. Also, in dealing with business owners, I would point out that the OC movement is on the rise. Let them know that they do not want to land on the wrong side of this debate.

detroit_fan

imported post

JamesIan wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:
People that livein the immediate vicinity ought to start mailing the ownerphotocopies oftheir receipts from other streakhouseswhenever they go out to eat. Even other Texas Roadhouse receipts. Tell him that you would prefer his restaurant, but have chosen to go where RTBA is respected.

In this economy, it should not be to hard to demonstrate a marked loss in revenue as a result of this policy. Also, in dealing with business owners, I would point out that the OC movement is on the rise. Let them know that they do not want to land on the wrong side of this debate.
+1. I think seeing the actual receiptsof money NOT being spent in his store could be a big eye opener. Especially the way you guys up there in the rich suburbs spend the big$$:p

FatboyCykes

imported post

Heh, I wish, going to Texas is about as extravagant as we get :p But that is a great idea, I just hate to have to even go to another steak house :( I can't stand Outback, and Logans is better than OB, but I still don't dig them as much as TR... But I think I will have to make several exceptions, and more than likely just go to the TR over in Roseville instead, that one ought really hurt, same franchise, just different location.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:
Corp takes the comments received in their feedback/contact link very, very seriously. They can "turn up the heat" to prevent an issue from becoming a corporate one.

[line]
Watch for the UFO.
I concur, I have worked very well on a couple of State Corporations on getting them to reconsider their blanket no firearm stance. It can be done and numbers help.

scot623

imported post

Thanks for contacting us regarding our Madison Heights location and the open carry law in Michigan. Texas Roadhouse does not have a corporate policy regarding the open carry laws. We allow the local management at our restaurants to determine what’s best for their guests and communities. Let us know if you have any questions.

Comment Type: Concerns -> Atmosphere
Date and Time of Visit: 
Guest First Name: Robert
Guest Last Name: H
Guest Address:
Guest Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip:
Phone
Email Address:
Favorite Item: Strip Steak
Wants More Info: No
Comments: Dear Owner/Operator,
It has come to my attention that your location does not support my right to openly carry a firearm while enjoying dinner with my wife and/or friends. Seeing as Michigan is an open carry state, I choose to spend my dollars at businesses that support my very important 2A right. If your firearm policy changes, I would be happy to return and patronize your location. Until then I will tell all my family and friends to also refrain from coming to your restaurant.  Please consider a change to address this policy.

Robert Hxxxx

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I will no longer be patronizing your chain due to the no firearms policy of your Madison Heights, MI restaurant. I will also be encouraging my hundreds of friends, family and acquaintances on several social networking sites to follow suit and take their business elsewhere. Even corporations like Starbucks have the backbone to allow legally possessed firearms in their stores. Shame on you for trampling the 2nd amendment.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
Heh, I wish, going to Texas is about as extravagant as we get :p  But that is a great idea, I just hate to have to even go to another steak house :(  I can't stand Outback, and Logans is better than OB, but I still don't dig them as much as TR...  But I think I will have to make several exceptions, and more than likely just go to the TR over in Roseville instead, that one ought really hurt, same franchise, just different location.
now that you mention going to texas, it does remind me that texas is one of the very few states that doesn't allow open carry.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

scot623 wrote:
Thanks for contacting us regarding our Madison Heights location and the open carry law in Michigan. Texas Roadhouse does not have a corporate policy regarding the open carry laws. We allow the local management at our restaurants to determine what’s best for their guests and communities. Let us know if you have any questions.

Comment Type: Concerns -> Atmosphere
Date and Time of Visit: 
Guest First Name: Robert
Guest Last Name: H
Guest Address:
Guest Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip:
Phone
Email Address:
Favorite Item: Strip Steak
Wants More Info: No
Comments: Dear Owner/Operator,
It has come to my attention that your location does not support my right to openly carry a firearm while enjoying dinner with my wife and/or friends. Seeing as Michigan is an open carry state, I choose to spend my dollars at businesses that support my very important 2A right. If your firearm policy changes, I would be happy to return and patronize your location. Until then I will tell all my family and friends to also refrain from coming to your restaurant.  Please consider a change to address this policy.

Robert Hxxxx

i got the same response from someone named "dee". here was my reply:

That's an extremely weak policy. Larger corporations such as Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes and Best Buy tend to default to whatever state and local laws allow, thus not limiting a particular sector of the population from their stores. This tends to work well for them in tough economic times. But feel free to run your company however you chose.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

T Vance wrote:
smellslikemichigan wrote:
That's an extremely weak policy. Larger corporations such as Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes and Best Buy tend to default to whatever state and local laws allow, thus not limiting a particular sector of the population from their stores. This tends to work well for them in tough economic times. But feel free to run your company however you chose.

You can also add Starbucks to that list.

ya, they were in my original message to the roadhouse

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I will no longer be patronizing your chain due to the no firearms policy of your Madison Heights, MI restaurant. I will also be encouraging my hundreds of friends, family and acquaintances on several social networking sites to follow suit and take their business elsewhere. Even corporations like Starbucks have the backbone to allow legally possessed firearms in their stores. Shame on you for trampling the 2nd amendment.
Hundreds of friend? JK;)

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Venator wrote:
Hundreds of friend?  JK;)
poetic license

DetroitBiker

imported post

I got my generic Email back from corperate the other night
[line]
UFO IS LANDING SUNDAY AT 6:00 ON TEAMSPEAK