• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buying a Gun Online

Porter N

imported post

I'm looking at a couple different guns, and found that the several local stores I visited either don't carry them, can't order them, or over price them by more than 75 dollars. I've seen guns for sale online and was wondering if anyone else has done much in the way of online gun purchases? I know the gun has to be shipped to a licensed FFL dealer. Does anyone know any good FFL dealers in the area? I live in caldwell, so the closer the better. Is there anything else I should know about buying guns online?

thanks

Article1section23

imported post

Porter N wrote:
I'm looking at a couple different guns, and found that the several local stores I visited either don't carry them, can't order them, or over price them by more than 75 dollars. I've seen guns for sale online and was wondering if anyone else has done much in the way of online gun purchases? I know the gun has to be shipped to a licensed FFL dealer. Does anyone know any good FFL dealers in the area? I live in caldwell, so the closer the better. Is there anything else I should know about buying guns online?

thanks

Porter,

You can get a lot better deal online. I started doing this years ago, for guns/mags/ammo. Just about everything else, because the prices are lower and no state tax.

Make sure you buy from somebody that has a high rating, so your not getting screwed over. http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/DealerNetwork.aspx You should be able to find one that will do it from around $10-15. Anymore than that and they won't get my business.

Good Luck!

None2Slow

imported post

You may want to check out Al's pawn shop in Caldwell. Its on Cleveland just east of Wal-mart in the same parking lot as Grizzleys powersports. I am looking for a SR9C and his price is under $400. He is having a hard time find one at the moment, but if I find one online, his charge is $20. He is a nice guy to just talk to.